Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by halbatross
What do you think about this
He was in my Carrera 84
I decided to remove
This original RS???

Halbatross -

I would be interested in that tail and decklid if it were to be for sale.

I am looking for a RSA original or replica tail and decklid for my 1990 964 if all the original poster's needs have been met.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:03 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,170 Posts

FYI Up until recently I don't believe it has changed you can buy the entire RSA wing from Porsche new. IIRC around $2k or so. It comes complete with everything you need. The only issue is they list it as the 3.2 carerra wing. I had one and sold it. It was identical in every way to my factory RSA wing and deck lid. The 3.2 wing had the hole for the rear window wiper. The one they supplied as part of the kit was missing it as it should for an RSA.

Also the deck lid was the same as the 3.2 and requires the additional brackets to mount. the factory brackets are NLA but they are easy to make out of aluminum angle. I have posted here someplace the differences in mounting points but I don't recall where.

As far as the turbo deck lid goes it is nearly identical to the 930 units and has the holes for the rear wiper in the deck lid but not part of the tail. It uses different light but otherwise is nearly identical and are interchangeable however you need the proper shrouds for the 964 along with the same NLA brackets as used on the RSA.

FYI for those who don't know the RSA tail and lid weigh roughly 6 pounds more than the pop up factory lid.

I have pictures if anyone needs them but will need to search for them.

David,

I thought you were selling your RSA?
Old 01-07-2017, 06:32 AM
halbatross
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tail and decklid will be for sale (ebay)
I will do more photos..
from above was painted, the underside of original paint (Indischrot)

please help .. what the value of this set?

Thanks
Old 01-12-2017, 01:21 PM
halbatross
Track Day

I did more photos
http://forsale.co.pl/index.php?/category/53

as can be valued today? nobody tell?....

Thanks
Old 02-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Netbug
Rennlist Member

I have my RSA spoiler for sale. I purchased it from Cobalt last year. Sold the 964 due the size of our family doubling.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:56 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Netbug
I have my RSA spoiler for sale. I purchased it from Cobalt last year. Sold the 964 due the size of our family doubling.
Congrats and condolences I guess
Old 02-22-2017, 07:24 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Was the tail originally black? Any chance you could post the chassis number that should be stamped inside the tail? I'm trying to locate one that I sold back in the nineties.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:43 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Was the tail originally black? Any chance you could post the chassis number that should be stamped inside the tail? I'm trying to locate one that I sold back in the nineties.
I hate to say it but good luck.

The one I sold him was factory new never painted.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:11 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Resurrecting an old thread. My friend just bought a genuine RSA wing with no decklid. He doesn't want to attach it to his current decklid as he would like to switch back to it every now and again. My question is, does the RSA wing attach to a 964 decklid or older 3.2 carrera decklid. I believe the opening for the grill on both are different sizes. Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:50 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

Rey, the best method would be to buy a 964 decklid and drill it for the wing.

You could use an earlier decklid with hinge adapters, but some have reported fitment issues, including myself. See posts 16 and 17 in this thread. I personally had the same issue with larger panel gaps using an early lid. Others have reported perfect fitment with them.

Also,

Just adding some info from the other RSA wing thread going right now.

Originally Posted by cobalt
That is interesting. It appears to be the correct part however both the wings I have have part number 930.512.023.00. The green one pictured is of my factory RSA tail and the new white one has no hole as well both wear the same part number. What do you make of it?
Originally Posted by tjb616
For what it's worth, I have a wing with that exact part number stamped that came with a wiper hole. I had it shaved for my 964. Link to a gallery of photos: https://imgur.com/gallery/yjqby

I have a friend with a real RSA, I have been meaning to stop by his stop and see what P/N is stamped on his wing. I'm really curious.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

TJ, thanks for the info. But could you clarify what you mean by drill the lid to fit the wing? I understand on earlier models, I would need a hinge adapter to mount it. However, I speaking of the grill opening where the wing raises at speed. If the wing was taken off the lid, would the RSA wing fit onto a 964 decklid. If I'm not mistaken, the grill on early 911s is a different size than on a 964 decklid. Correct me if I'm wrong? Hopefully someone with better knowledge will chime. TIA.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:29 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Rey Gunn
TJ, thanks for the info. But could you clarify what you mean by drill the lid to fit the wing? I understand on earlier models, I would need a hinge adapter to mount it. However, I speaking of the grill opening where the wing raises at speed. If the wing was taken off the lid, would the RSA wing fit onto a 964 decklid. TIA.
If you take the retractable spoiler out of a 964 decklid, and rest a RSA wing on top of the decklid, there will be no holes in the 964 decklid to attach the RSA wing. You will need to drill these.

If I'm not mistaken, the grill on early 911s is a different size than on a 964 decklid. Correct me if I'm wrong? Hopefully someone with better knowledge will chime.
I agree. But I'm fairly certain 930, 911, and RSA wings are all large enough to cover the opening in both early and 964 decklids. See post 61.

Last edited by tjb616; 01-05-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:57 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Ok gotcha TJ! Thanks for the info. I will relay this to my friend. Appreciate the help!
Old 01-05-2018, 03:28 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Careful, the RSA tail is basically the same as an early carrera tail, it will only fit on a carrera or SC rear deck, the hole for the electric tail is much larger...
Old 01-05-2018, 05:27 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by halbatross
tail and decklid will be for sale (ebay)
I will do more photos..
from above was painted, the underside of original paint (Indischrot)

please help .. what the value of this set?

Thanks
Where are you located? shipping is expensive. If you happen to be in SoCal, I'm interested as my car is also already red. I'm curious how closely the colors match.

Quick Reply: RS America Spoiler wanted!!!