Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennlist Diagnostic Interface "Loaner" Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:26 PM
andrew964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, do you want to borrow mine?, cars curerntly in bits (interior refurb) so I wont need it for a month or so
Old 07-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Sal 965
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew964
Steve, do you want to borrow mine?, cars curerntly in bits (interior refurb) so I wont need it for a month or so
That's good of you. PM with details on how best to get it from you.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:29 AM
JDD
Instructor

Originally Posted by jimq
You have to introduce your car with pictures in a new thread before you can borrow anything Also it would help to know where you are incase someone local has one and can maybe help you out.
Oh yea welcome
Sorry, I am in Central NJ.

Just getting started here so thx for the guidance, jimq...
Old 08-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello all... Long time no post. Hopefully that will change soon! Anyway... Here's an update to the "Diagnostic Loaner" thread...

Since there seems to be a recent flurry of activity with regard to the diagnostic loaner I thought that I would make a new offer. A little background first. A little over a year ago I started customizing fully rugged Panasonic Toughbooks. (Search ebay for "The Ultimate Toughbook") I have in the neighborhood of 10 - 15 of them in my basement with another 5 on the way. There were a few that I acquired more for parts than anything else as they are the slower 600Mhz models. Since there have been a few people who have borrowed the loaner tool and had issues connecting to their own PC via the included PCMCIA card, I decided to go ahead and build a Toughbook specifically for the Diagnostic Interface. I figured the next person who finishes with it could just send it back to me and then I could set up the Toughbook with Scantool. That way NOBODY would ever have a problem getting it to work! Plus it is built like a tank and you can literally drive over the Toughbook with your Porsche and it will still work, so breakage of the laptop would be eliminated. BUT.... The Toughbook weighs 9 pounds! This would more than double the shipping costs. Plus I think the laptop should probably be insured when shipped. I would guess that shipping from east coast to west coast would run in the $45 area for USPS Priority Mail. We could probably just ship it via UPS Ground and maybe save a little... But not much.

My question is... Would this be worth it to the few that would want to borrow it? I haven't checked what the going rate is for a new interface... But this would definitely be a lot less expensive than going to the dealership or indy shop.

So.. What say you? Please post your thoughts and opinions...
Old 08-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks like gfmcl is finished with the diagnostic loaner and FDD is next in line to get it shipped to him. If anyone else needs it please post here and let me know if you need the laptop to go along with it. When FDD is finished with it he will pack it up and ship it to you.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:04 PM
sixxto
AutoX

Default Diagnostic Loaner

Rick,
Where's the list I 'd like to get on it?
Frank
Old 08-23-2008, 10:06 PM
brogich
Advanced

My airbag/seat belt light has been on all summer - will the tool confirm if it is sensors or clock?

Thanks
Old 08-24-2008, 12:48 AM
sperki11
AutoX

My Scantool showed an error code of 48 (or was it 58) "Unknown Error". I disassembled the clock and resoldered all the joints, cleared the code, and lights went out. It's been over a week now, so far, so good.

Search airbag warning light or similar for description of diagnosis and fix.

Quick Reply: Rennlist Diagnostic Interface "Loaner" Thread!