Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 108.5dba-static
This one??

Rob Mugglestone
Publisher, Total 911 Magazine
'93 C2 Coupe, Midnight Blue/Grey

Cool - I wonder whether he would like to do an peice on my car as well
thats the man .

he also sells polishing stuff , so i supposed he could do "an peice" on your car , and have the tools to clean up after himself
Old 10-23-2006, 02:50 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys, I just installed a pair of Cobra Misano all leather linnen color (light grey) with silver back carbon fiber. They are very nice. Couple things......pricey, when I approach tight turns, I can feel my back sway left and right a little. Also, the adustment ***** closest to the tranny tunnel need to come off and need to take a hacksaw to the stem oherwise it will not fit.

Overall nice. They weigh 28 lbs. The mounting bracket weigh 9 lbs. (bathroom scale). Total 37 lbs. The framework (carbon fiber) is made by Williams Formula one. Also, you can have a custom lettering on the face of the seats. I had "Roadster" stitched on mine. Leather is top notch.......Carbon fiber could use better layering technic. I have a few cracks near the lowermost parts of theback of the seats. Will be calling Sube Sports to see if this is ok.

Jaime

Oh, bTw, I broke my windshield installing them....DOH! Had the two front mounting points loosely attached. When I lifted the rear of the seats to get to their attachments they got stuck. I muscled it up and the top of the seat backing went straight to the windshield. Nice Star fracture. Dang!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:56 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Oh, bTw, I broke my windshield installing them....DOH! Had the two front mounting points loosely attached. When I lifted the rear of the seats to get to their attachments they got stuck. I muscled it up and the top of the seat backing went straight to the windshield. Nice Star fracture. Dang!
Haaa Crap!! That must of spoiled the entire excitment of getting new seats.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:08 AM
ChuckG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd forgotten about the seat back shift while in a corner as I am so used to the seats. I, too, experience the shift of the seat back.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:20 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

As they say in business....no problems, only "opportunities" (yeah right!). So, now I'm looking into the possibilities of a Lexan windshield with Exatec 900 treatment. Thanks to Jason, I can look into and salivate.....probably won't happen as I don't think it's become common enough to produce one for our Porsches.

Jaime
Old 10-24-2006, 03:06 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, to me the flexing of the back in corners would be a definite deal-breaker. Surely they are not supposed to be like this? What would be the point of that????!!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:50 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Well, like chuck said, you get used to it and in the end it does support you quite a bit....It's just not as stiff as the 60lbs. originals. I'd do it again for the weight savings.

Quick Reply: Seat Upgrade