Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 09:45 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FVD Chin Spoiler Install?

Anyone installed the FVD chin spoiler? pn is FVD 503 055 or 220 503 055
Any tips?
I searched and found a little info... some of which worries me.
Some have said it replaces the plastic undertray-like covers in front... hope not. Or I guess I will find a way around that.
Thanks!

Looks like this:

Last edited by MarkD; 08-17-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:52 AM
sturm_old

Yes, it is supposed to replace the plastic chin pieces but as you've probably noticed it is quite a bit smaller and leaves the oil cooler and a/c condencer exposed.
I had a difficult time getting a tight fit against the bumper trying to avoid a gap or shadow line. I did see where someone used wheather stripping along the top that matched the stripping along the top of the rocker panels on our cars. Saw one that must have been bonded on too-looked pretty good. That said, I just figured I'd knock the hell out of it on a curb so gave up the project.

Allan
3.8 RSA
Old 10-10-2006, 05:37 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark,

I emailed FVD about this a few months back and asked if it was a replacement or an addition to the front undertray pieces and I received the following response:

"regarding your request I want to inform you that you have to fit this front chin spoiler
additional to the original parts at front.
You don´t have to demount anything, just fit this spoiler to the car with holes for
screws, than painting, than mounting with screws."
Old 10-10-2006, 06:00 AM
108.5dba-static
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant help with the FVD unit, however my RUF unit screws on over all the existing bits. No need to paint as its made of the similar plastic to the existing chin stuff.

Its a nice upgrade and really finished the front of the car. If you want pictures drop me a aline.

Andy
Old 10-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andy, any pictures you have would be appreciated. Also how is the fit of the RUF unit?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:41 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Howley
Mark,

I emailed FVD about this a few months back and asked if it was a replacement or an addition to the front undertray pieces and I received the following response:

"regarding your request I want to inform you that you have to fit this front chin spoiler
additional to the original parts at front.
You don´t have to demount anything, just fit this spoiler to the car with holes for
screws, than painting, than mounting with screws."
Jim, thank you for saving me the trouble of contacting FVD!
Sure seems like that would look funny... oh well, when I get the car back from paint I will check it out.
Thanks again
Old 10-10-2006, 10:27 AM
108.5dba-static
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Howley
Andy, any pictures you have would be appreciated. Also how is the fit of the RUF unit?
Jim, the fit is excellent as one would expect from Ruf. Fitting is not a problems - promise.

Its not quite as showy as the FVD, and very understated, however on the car (mine also has the RUF aero kit, ducts and light indicators) it really finishes it off. My pictures are to big for rennlist however if you send me an e-mail I will send pictures.

Best regards Andy

andyglastonbury@msn.com
Old 10-11-2006, 08:42 PM
sturm_old

I ordered the FVD spoiler about 2yrs ago so maybe they've redesigned it. Mine definitely would not fit over the existing plastic pieces. Or it would if I buried enough screws through it?!

Allan
3.8RSA

Quick Reply: FVD Chin Spoiler Install?