Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1992 964 USA Carerra Cup - any for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:47 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 1992 964 USA Carerra Cup - any for sale?

I am looking for a 92 USA Cup Car, and Google searches aren't yielding any results... Does anyone know of any for sale at this time?

Thanks!
-Blake
Old 06-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Blake

None that i am awaire of right now
Old 06-07-2006, 02:00 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the quick reply! Over the past few summers, I have seen a few (Dawydiak in SF, private owners in Colorado and N. Florida), but I didn't have the funds at those times... I'll keep searching!

-B
Old 06-07-2006, 09:42 AM
danoberer
Instructor

Default ....

GT3......
Old 06-07-2006, 09:46 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Any reason you want an Andial Cup vs. a "true" 964 Cup with a race history?

I know of one Andial Cup that is coming up for sale when the owner takes delivery of his new GT3 (so a few months off), but I think there is a highly likely buyer lined up.

Otherwise, if you would consider a Euro Cup, let me know and I'll add you to my search list. I've got at least one and maybe 2-3 others that have asked for help working through a contact I have in Germany. He sold me my car and does a good job finding RS' and Cups.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

I know USA Cup Cars can be made street legal and licensed. Has anyone done this with a euro cup car? Given the choice myself, I'd pick a euro cup car, but then again, I would use it excusively for the track
Old 06-07-2006, 10:59 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Manny Alban
I know USA Cup Cars can be made street legal and licensed. Has anyone done this with a euro cup car? Given the choice myself, I'd pick a euro cup car, but then again, I would use it excusively for the track
Manny, I imported my car as a race car (very easy to do). When you import using this clause, you sign your life away saying the car will never be converted for street.

The one advantage of the Andial Cup is that it can be registered on the street. Like you, that advantage doesn't mean much to me. A Cup's home is the track.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:53 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Speedster
I am looking for a 92 USA Cup Car, and Google searches aren't yielding any results... Does anyone know of any for sale at this time?
Thanks!
-Blake
https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/176045-fs-1992-us-carrera-cup.html
Send a PM to rennlist member 'clubrcr'.
Don't know if he still has it for sale or not. I bought my Euro Cup from Jim and another rennlist member bought his US Cup from Jim as well.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

I believe Jim sold this car a while ago.

also if you are going to race it - a Euro cup might fit better depending on what class you want to be in. there are a dwinding # of US cups in street trim due to the popularity of racing them w/pca-poc
Old 06-07-2006, 02:44 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

The one advantage of the Andial Cup is that it can be registered on the street. Like you, that advantage doesn't mean much to me. A Cup's home is the track. [/QUOTE]

I assume you are referring to the Carrera Cup USA edition. Bob Gagnon has done a fastastic job of documenting the history of these cars ... but for clarification I will just note here that 45 were shipped from Germany to Charleston, South Carolina; of these, 29 were shipped to Andial and of these, 25 were put into Carrera Cup racing specification for a proposed US based racing series. Because the series was cancelled, the cars were reconverted by Andial back to the original "RS" configuration as shipped from Germany. As a result, I'm not sure the "Andial" identification means much.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:04 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94Speedster

Thanks!
-Blake
I've heard there is one in the DC area. Not sure if/when the owner will actually sell it, but I've heard him mention (recently) its "worth too much" to track it and thinks he might look for an earlier car for track use.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:56 AM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 329 Posts

Dawydiak in San Francisco (http://www.carsauto.com/) had the #1 car on consignment for literally years. I haven't seen it advertised recently. You might want to give them a call. But you should be aware that their asking price was $125K...

Karl.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:56 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all of the great feedback! I am interested in the Andial/USA Carrera Cup car because 1) it is street legal, and 2) they only made 45, hence I am convinced it will be a prized collectible over the years.... With that said, we now have a great track in Utah (Miller Motorsports Park) and I want a DE/weekend "adrenaline" car... I have always had my eye on the Carrera Cups and have been learning about them through Bob/Rob's amazing website over the years... I did see the #1 car at Dawydiak and wonder at what $$ it finally sold for ($125K seems steep)... I am a little bummed that i didn't fly down to meet with RPM in Houston a few months back when they had a nice example in stock.... that one sold pretty quickly though! Thanks again!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:00 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Racer - I'd be quite open to having a chat with that owner!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:08 AM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Most if not all of the Euro cups suffered damage being raced in Europe and have had engine rebuilds etc. There are several examples out of the 45 USA cups that have not been damaged ... although that number seems to be decreasing rapidly. I had the opportunity to buy a nice euro cup (think it was the 94 supercup championship car) ... but went with the usa cup instead. Besides the fact that there are only 45 of these cars, it was not damaged in any way, sealed engine, and I can drive down to get gas when I am at the track ... I had always wanted one since my first sighting about 8 years ago.

Quick Reply: 1992 964 USA Carerra Cup - any for sale?