Sponsored by:

My 964 has been Stolen....Gutted....Update 09-06-06

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Update 21-07-06.....My 964 has been Stolen....Gutted

After a fantastic Porsche weekend at Harewood house…….got home last evening looked at a few photos of the day…………..my house has been broken into over night while me and the wife were in the back room and the worst has happened..........the 964 has been stolen ...........+ the wife’s handbag, phone and keys etc gone.

How many swear words do you know? I know quite a few after this morning ......I am very down and gutted and feel like my 964 Porsche days are over for the foreseeable future......

Please keep an eye out for it....but i dont hold up much hope....07795551356 if you spot it being stripped / resprayed etc....you never know.

Crime scene Police have just left without a clue or finger print in sight.

Message to all - Keep everything safe, house doors locked even when you are in the house…..don’t leave your Porsche keys anywhere near the main doors of the house…..put them somewere safe.....Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Chris W – (very very pissed off)

Last edited by Chrisw_05; 07-21-2006 at 10:42 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 06-06-2006, 07:47 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow! I am really sorry this happened. People have no reguard for others property these days. The most important thing is you and your wife were not harmed. Best of luck finding the crooks.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:29 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's increasingly common that people break into houses and steal keys, then steal the cars.

Chris - can you give us more details, so we can keep an eye out for it? From the photo it looks like a cab. Any distinguishing features? Reg. number?

I agree it's unlikely to be seen again - but we can certainly watch out for it.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:55 AM
CraigyB

Rennlist Member

Dreadful, sounds like you were targetted by professional thiefs there.
At the end of the day if someone wnats your property that badly, they will get it,, even if you get in the way ! Put it this way, at least no one was harmed.
Me personally I would put people like this back in the town stocks so everyone could see them...
Old 06-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

R-soles. Hopefully your insurers won't mess about cos the perps had the keys..

I would circulate description and chassis number to the independents and breakers. Pistonheads.com gassing station general gassing and Porsche forum is quite a busy place and has put stickies up re: interesting cars nicked in the past..

Sincere condolences..not going to be replaced with a another 964, either?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Mjonzo
Intermediate

Sorry to hear about your theft. The thieving basts should be nailed to a tree.

I'm guessing that an stolen older 911 is not an easy car to 'move on'?, especially a distinctive looking car like yours. I would check with/pass a tip on to any Porsche breakers in the region in case parts or the car come their way.
Keep an eye out for ads for 'parts for breaking 964' etc.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Johnny is exactly right. Get a printed description with picture out to every shop and paint facility you can find. Hopefully it will be some kids out for a joy ride and you'll find it with no or minimal damage.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:16 AM
leosayer
Racer

Sorry to hear that Chris.

I had a car nicked in the same circumstances as you about 5 years ago and they also nicked a PS2 and a few DVDs for good measure. Make sure that you get appropriate value back from the insurance company and don't let it put you off buying another car of similar quality to the 964.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Chris,
You have just reminded me why I left the UK ! I can just imagine how you feel.

Totally p*ssed !

I know its no consolation but at least you were not woken at 3am by a yob with a knife/gun .
Cars etc can be replaced - you can not.

Good idea to circulate the VIN/engine number and details of any non standard bits. At least you will feel that you have tried.

Time is a great healer and who knows , the 964 magic may work again !

All the very best

Geoff
Old 06-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

Unhappy

Thanks all for the messages - Well - phoned all the local porsche breakers and left details / vin etc.....as red rooster says it made me feel a little better even though it is probably in vain.....

lastest photo's of car are attached.......gp white......blue soft top......silver carrera stripes on doors......probably the only one in UK with this combo.....reg H830ENM.....this hurts having to write this.....

CraigyB - I was thinking a lot worse a punishment than the stocks if i had my way....but i get youre point.

Not replacing 964......well maybe....At the weekend i was looking at a couple of c4's with the wider body.....maybe?...poss turbo? just depends on the insurance / market value they offer if the c2 does not turn up.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:27 PM
OllieW
Advanced

Hi Chris

Sorry to hear about your loss, and I will be keeping my eyes and ears open at dealers in Leicestershire to see if anyone has an offer too good to be true.

Hope you come out on top rather than the insurance company.

Ollie
Old 06-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss - it does look like a beautiful (and distinctive) example.

Marc
Old 06-06-2006, 02:23 PM
chancecasey
Burning Brakes

My condolences - awful news - but you and your wife did make it through without a scratch. Stealing a car is one thing - but breaking into someone's home? - I think people who do that deserve extermination - game over - better luck next life.

I recommend getting some boxing gloves and heavy bag and work out the anger you must be feeling.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, sorry to hear this. My Sister in Salesbury got burgled last week...b*&t*rds! police said there was A LOT taking place.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I could do something to help .

Quick Reply: My 964 has been Stolen....Gutted....Update 09-06-06