Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Red rooster
Chris,
You have just reminded me why I left the UK !
Hmm. No car theft in the US? Great, think I'll go too..

Chris, I put a brief heads up on Pistonheads here http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...76887&f=48&h=0
Old 06-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny G Pipe
Hmm. No car theft in the US? Great, think I'll go too..
Halifax is in Canada, not the US.

Marc
Old 06-06-2006, 06:41 PM
CraigyB

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were caught these people, the stocks I would put them in wouldn't be very nice to say the least.....

I'll leave the rest to your imagination...
Old 06-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Miguel
Pro

I don't think your car is easy to hide. Hope it will show up.
In Brasil they have a gadget you have on your car and when ( because there it is when and not if ) it gets stolen it is very easily tracked by satellite. And it is very unexpensive to have it installed. Anyone know whether it exists in europe?

Miguel
Old 06-06-2006, 07:18 PM
jeff522
Racer

From what you discribe your car is what they were after.For some one to break in to your home while you sleep to get your caris one of to things;A pro with away set up to convert your car into cash,or a very unstable person.I do hope they find her.I am glad that you and your wife are ok.Another place to look is used parts,like e-bay.These cars as we all know are worth much more a part at a time than all at once.Also many cars like yours stolen in the states in up in South America.A pox on the basterds.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris as a 2 time victim of car theft, you have my commiserations. Hope the car is found in one piece soon.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:19 AM
jenskleis
Rennlist Member

Hi Chris,

I am so sorry for you. What bastards!!!!

Let's keep our fingers crossed., hoping you will get your car back in one piece.

Take care,

Jens
Old 06-07-2006, 04:47 AM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

update - 24hrs later and still no news.....looks like a gonner.

Thanks to everyone for the messages or hope.....although i'm sat at work feeling like i need to go home and do something, but i know i'd be better off doing something constructive at work.

Johnny G Pipe - Thanks for the heads up on Pistonheads. Another friend took my details last night over the phone - vin etc to put on pistonheads today some time.

To all who have had a simular experience - leo sayer....i wish it was the real one....it would make me smile "BABY" - kahdmus - eggplant cab....This is my second time.....12 years ago now although not a porsche.......Just hope the list does not grow

will post when something actually happens and i get some news

Thanks all

Chris W.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:03 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Don't lose hope! At the end of a joy ride it could sit parked for days before the cops notice it there twice or the people who's house it's outside of ring up the police and say, " There's a Porsche been parked outside my house for a week!"
Good luck,

Frank
Old 06-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know how long your insurance co. would take to officially call it"gone". When my friend's truck got stolen a couple years ago, I think his company paid off after 10 days. Two weeks later, they found the truck. It had been through Hell. He didn't want it back. Maybe that would be the best scenario - to be paid off for it, then it turns up and YOU decide whether you want it back.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:25 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Miguel- We have the tracking devices here in the states- called lo jack. I'm sure there is something similar in Europe. Frankly, I never got it because I wouldn't want my car back after being stolen. What if they get it back & insurance says everything is fine, but then you find down the road the alignment off from them hitting a curb, scratches, delayed breakdown from mechanical abuse, etc.

The best thing to keep your car from getting stolen is a toggle switch located somewhere (under the dash, under the door arm rest, wherever) that disconnects the starter motor. It's probably a cheap thing to do if you know how to do it. I have a viper alarm on my car, but never bothered to go the extra step of doing a starter cut out since I don't drive the car into bad areas.....but the bottem line unfortunatly is if they want your car bad enough they will get it.

Chris W.- I am quite sorry for your loss....if you think of the positive (no one hurt, you'll get another 964, etc) maybe it will ease the pain. You'll get another 964 and live a happy life whereas the guy that stole the car is probably miserable in life and will remain so. Also, the bad karma will catch up with him- that I can guarantee!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear about the theft and I'll keep my eyes open. We lost the wife's car due to an accident and had to work hard with the insurers to get full value but we succeeded. Don't be afraid to chase hard and provide them plenty of ads showing why you think your car is worth more or less than advertised cars so that you can show where you think it sits valuation wise. I even went as far as pointing out that silver with black leather was one of the higher valued combos due to colours, leather, etc.

Good luck and I hope that it doesn't come to that.

Regards,

David
Old 06-07-2006, 01:16 PM
DaveK
Race Car

When I had my bike stolen, the insurers did actually pay quite quickly. And in fact, when they did finally find it (a year later) I didn't have the option of buying it back. I don't know if it's true for cars - but at least for motorcycles I was told that they will never sell it back. It apparently helps combat insurance fraud.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, if you bought it back, I believe it's universal (in the US anyway) that you would still have your title branded as "Theft Recovery", which may turn some buyers off if you ever decided to sell it.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:58 PM
kris
Skippy
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Sorry to hear about the theft, hopefully she'll show-up again soon.

Quick Reply: My 964 has been Stolen....Gutted....Update 09-06-06