Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for RS/Speedster Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 04:16 PM
alexl911
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I recently found some RS/Speedster seats and I'm not sure which ones they are. They have the holes for the trampoline system but they also have the pass through for lap belts? The backs have been painted so there was no sticker to check the part numbers. The PET does say that the 993RS had these seats (with trampoline) as an option. Here's picture of mine:

Old 09-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

The first RS seats for the 964 RS production run had no Trampoline and used a wedge shaped pad with a crotch strap pass through under the primary leather covered pad, which has always has had the pass through. A crotch strap hole was also cut in the fiberglass shell.

Later Speedster seats only had the trampoline and the wedge was available from the parts department to replace the trampoline and the hole had to be cut in the fiberglass for pass through.

This is what I was told by Wolf Springer when I tried to order the RS seats and got Speedster seats.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:09 PM
alexl911
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So... I have no foam wedge, trampoline (well only the attachment holes on the side bolsters as the webbing did not come with this set) and the pass through hole cut in the fiber glass shell. Now I'm confused
Old 09-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alexl911
So... I have no foam wedge, trampoline (well only the attachment holes on the side bolsters as the webbing did not come with this set) and the pass through hole cut in the fiber glass shell. Now I'm confused
No confusion, it was owners option not to use the foam pad or trampoline under the primary pad, that is what I eventually did so my head didn't hit the ceiling with a helmet on. Also the seat holds one better without the wedge. Frankly I liked the seat best for autocross with no pad at all, the seat really supported and the "butt" feel of the car was better. Alain Prost requested that no padding be under his butt for his cars.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 419 Posts

PM Ron (a2coupe2a) on this forum. He has a seat resto shop in the Seattle area and I believe he has a few sets of PPs. His prices are very reasonable and he can do up a custom set of jackets without the Recaro logo for a reasonable cost. Great guy and quality. You can see some of his work in these links:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=56396
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=56396

I bought a pair of reupholstered LS seats for my 911 and they are fantastic. Good luck. PM me if you have a difficult time getting a hold of him and I can send you his contact info.

BTW, do you still have the 964? I thought you were going to sell it. I hope you remember me when I came by and visited with my 964 widebody on my way back to Seattle a couple years ago.

Jim
Old 09-16-2011, 03:49 PM
tat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it's worth....the RS NGT had standard Recaro Profi SPG seats. The only addtion was an embroided Porsche logo in the headrest.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tat
For what it's worth....the RS NGT had standard Recaro Profi SPG seats. The only addtion was an embroided Porsche logo in the headrest.
Porsche also used unique "L" brackets to mount the seats. The same mount was used on both sids of the seat with the leg of the "L" facing the door jamb to the left of the driver and facing under the seat to the right of the driver. This offset the seat toward the center of the car.

The slider under the seat was the same one that Recaro sells now with the release lever going across the front of the seat. This set of sliders was a Porsche only part as were the brackets above during the 1990's.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:17 PM
RSGulp
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a 'triple blue' pair of RS seats for sale with Thomas Schmitz in Germany - which means, they probably won't be cheap.

http://www.germansportscars.net/GB/p...ket-seats/158/

Quick Reply: Looking for RS/Speedster Seats