Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friday Frivolity

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006 | 07:48 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Default Friday Frivolity

Well, not much going on here; NOT!!! I've started wiring the house for cable and phone, and will finish this weekend. Speakers in strategic locations also included. The whirlpool is kind of in place, but the deck around it is all wrong! I hope to finish wiring this weekend, which means no time for the car. I imagine we'll go for dinner Saturday night, so maybe I'll pull her out for the ride.

I need a few hours for the car, as I have the new pedals, but no time to install them. They look great, but will look even better on the car. I also got the dead pedal, which will prove a challenge to install, I'm sure. There's no real dead pedal spot, so they make a shelf to create the space.

Stacey is 30 weeks prego now, only 10 or so weeks left. Seems like yesterday that we spent that weekend in North Carolina

So what about you; what's got you smiling this week?
Old 04-14-2006 | 08:04 AM
shaynes
Burning Brakes

Glad to hear things are well Hawk.. My new 5 Series BMW is here , so that is cool.. and maybe sometime in the garage this weekend... I do have to take my 968 in , one headlight has stopped functioning and going up, probably the motor on that side, Oh well, the joys of P car ownership.

Have a good weekend.
Old 04-14-2006 | 08:59 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

I get my 964 tomorrow! Can't wait. My 84 went to a good home, and the C4 get's picked up tomorrow. Plus, it's supposed to be actual spring time temps this weekend. Now if I could just get some time to drive.....
Old 04-14-2006 | 09:24 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Geoff... The builder will let you go in and do your own wiring? I wish our builder would have allowed that. We snuck in a few times when it was being built but they made us sign something that said we wouldn't interupt the building process. They didn't want to have to inspect what we did. Plus they said their insurance company wouldn't allow it.
Old 04-14-2006 | 09:34 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Couldnt get the Pcar out of the garage today since the relatives are down for a free Florida vacation motel room They all leave today so when i get off in a couple of hours i think i will take a nice top down drive to Daytona to check out the waves.
Had a picnic at my property last night and after taking a walk we come back to the picnic table to find a darn black bear enjoying the last of the fried chicken. It seems my area is over run with these critters or maybe its we have over run his place!
I got the software for the PC Hammer and now searching for an interface. Thanks to all that worked on figuring it out and I am sure I will have many more questions
Old 04-14-2006 | 09:55 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Four sweet days off and a huge box of parts from Vertex so my weekend will be as full as I can make it with re-assembly (oh yeah - time with the wife and son too ).

I think that, once I get the cup pipe from Gert and the correct front sway bar bushings from TRG, I should be driving again in a week after 4 long months off!

Marc
Old 04-14-2006 | 10:23 AM
Miguel
Pro

I am happy because just so....

Tried the 3.3 T... my wife is also pregnant, and, at long last, it will be a baby girl..My only other girl is 18....
Old 04-14-2006 | 12:42 PM
badcar
Intermediate

I get my car back today After a new clutch install and some minor leak o-ring fixes...the cost...well But after driving it yesterday, it feels as if I have a new car. Hats off to the guys at Eurosport Ltd.

The wife is at 21 weeks....all is going smooth. Going up to the mountains for the final days of skiing and snowboarding over the weekend.
Old 04-14-2006 | 11:43 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Just got an e-mail that all the parts finally came in for my motor, and the bottom end, P&Cs and heads are back together. Tomorrow the cams and valve train go together, so hopefully it will be running by mid next week. We are on schedule for me to get it on the 25th!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-15-2006 | 01:30 AM
jeff522
Racer

I was going to do my brakes tonight,but it was so nice out my son and I went for a ride.He'll be with his mother till sometime Sunday(I have him full time.He's with her one weekend a month....if she has the time).The GF is out of town so I should have plenty of time to get the brakes done,and get the A/C drain cleaned out,no more wet feet.

Quick Reply: Friday Frivolity