Sponsored by:

Friday Folley

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 08:15 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Friday Folley

Got lots on tap today; another showing of our existing house. Plz keep your fingers crossed. The new house is coming along just fine. I'll post later, but the progress includes windows in place, siding half done, and shingles on the roof; come on sun!! They are also getting electrical done, and HVAC is moving right along. Another week maybe and I'll get in there for low-voltage stuff.

I got the new antenna cable, but dang is that long. That means it's buried in the dash someplace, and I have to go looking. If anyone has pictures, or DIY instructions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I think I'm going RS door panels. I'm inspired by Inkyboy's renovation

So what about you?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing car related for me this weekend, the most I might get is a run across town in stop start weekend traffic.

On the plus side a friend from Miami I haven't seen in a few years is in town so hopefully I'll get to meet up with him tonight or tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:12 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Nothing car related for me either. Was a beautiful top down drive in to work today tho. Going to be near 90 today so guess its time to do a recharge on the air conditioner for the summer
Going to take my cabin boat out on the St. Johns river tomorrow and spend the whole weekend watching the alligators and manatees swim by.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:15 AM
shaynes
Burning Brakes

Well, I can't wait for this week end. I get to detail my "new to me" 97 twin turbo S, and my new 5 series BMW arrives either late Sat or Sun. BMW will be nice, but I can't wait to mess with the twin...
Old 04-07-2006, 09:19 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by shaynes
Well, I can't wait for this week end. I get to detail my "new to me" 97 twin turbo S, and my new 5 series BMW arrives either late Sat or Sun. BMW will be nice, but I can't wait to mess with the twin...
somebody hit the lottery?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:22 AM
shaynes
Burning Brakes

No lottery, I sold a 97 cab and my 964 to go on the hunt for the twin and I lucked up and found a 12k mile S , locally... it was a find and a half... Karma I guess. The 5 is simply new daily driver, they were a really good lease deal.....
Old 04-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So when do we get to see pics of the Turbo S?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:43 AM
shaynes
Burning Brakes

Ok, Ok, now these are pre detail, although, it is very tight.... I am just a little excited.
Attached Images        
Old 04-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shaynes is definitely set up well. Please post pics when you can!

Geoff.. Good luck on selling the house. Consider them crossed!

I finally got my parts in from Pelican. In one of the boxes is a receiver/dryer for the A/C system. I figure, for the price, the old one should come out and a new one fitted. I bought some gauges and a vacuum pump to get the job done. If I can pull a vacuum and hold it... I'm golden! I have about 13-14 cans of old R-12 that I picked up from my Mom's house last time I was down there. My Dad bought it 11 years ago, just before he died. I figure he'd want me to have cold A/C!

The Hummer mods keep coming. I installed a rear-view camera last night. A very neat mod. I also need to install my iPod connection and cold-air intake this weekend.

EDIT - Shaynes... WOW... It's beautiful! (But you need to take the Aston Martin tag frames off!)
Old 04-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 169 Posts

Beautiful car shaynes!!

My next road car will be a 993 TT, I love everything about them.. looks, power, speed... what more is there! A new friend of mine (DE buddy) has one and we always park together in the paddock. His car has upgraded turbos, suspension, cage, etc. etc.. I LOVE that car. Here is a pic on the Limerock straight, he can hit about 140 there!

Old 04-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Shaynes - car looks sweet!

Geoff - my fingers are crossed for you.

I got my new rims (I'll post pictures once I've put rubber on them) and have the weekend off to keep plugging along on the car as I got some more parts too.

MArc
Old 04-07-2006, 11:10 AM
shaynes
Burning Brakes

Car was traded it believe it or not at my local Jag/Aston dealer for a Lambo Gallardo, in **** metallic yellow.. I still am in shock but what ever... works for me... I will remove those and put another on as soon as my plates get on there... VNTG 911.....
Old 04-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 86 Posts

Congratulations Shayne. I've been following your search for a while now.
I'm driving in my first autocross on Sunday and then on Monday will be sending in the registration papers for my first DE in June. I can't wait! If any of you DEers have any tips as far as what to bring feel free to pass them along.

c
Old 04-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 169 Posts

Lots of water and Gatorade!!

Here is CVR's guide to DE's, it will give you a general idea but check if your region has it's own...

http://www.cvrpca.org/de/forms/06_de_guide.pdf
Old 04-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 86 Posts

Thanks Gary.

Quick Reply: Friday Folley