964 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 05:47 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 631 Likes on 180 Posts

[QUOTE=Lorenzoh;15651631]
Originally Posted by cobalt

Way more than I expected. Am I missing something or was this particular sale just an anomaly?
Factor in a complete repaint and way too much clearcoat applied. So shiny it was odd. Definitely an Auction Anomaly.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:08 PM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

[QUOTE=Lorenzoh;15651752]
Originally Posted by JesusFast
Yes
Interesting.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:10 PM
Kidasters
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

purchase price (in USD please) $55000
purchase date Jan 24, 2019
mileage 99k miles
state or country where purchased San Francisco, CA
Model year - 1989
C2 or C4 - C4
Coupe, targa or cab - Coupe
color - Baltic Blue Metallic over Linen (Full Leather)
tip or manual - Manual
NA or turbo - NA
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.) - Cellphone and antenna
did the vehicle come with tool kit - Yes
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit - Yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) - 10 - Service History Stamps from 1989 to 1998 , all documents from original owner for all work done on the car to present. Copy of dealer window sticker in with records.
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 8 - minor wear on shift ****, steering wheel, headliner, carpets
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 8 mostly Original Paint, with documented respray on bumpers, driver's door, fenders.
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) - 9 - although PPI showed low compression on cyl 2, have not confirmed that issue yet.

The following users liked this post:
9SIX4-C4 (06-28-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 09:07 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

^^That is a beautiful 964 and very well bought, congrats!
Old 02-22-2019, 09:34 PM
Promise Alpha
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love this ride

Originally Posted by Infinite1
Long overdue post...as I've been too busy driving and enjoying the car. Modify/Refurb/Restore thread coming one of these days

purchase price (in USD please) $40,000
purchase date March 21, 2018
mileage 195,000 as purchased (currently 197,000)
state or country where purchased Texas
Model year - 1991
C2 or C4 - C4
color - Guards Red
tip or manual - Manual
NA or turbo - NA
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.) - RUF Speedline Wheels, Rennspeed Ducktail, Primary/Secondary Bypass (sounds like a v8 )
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit - No
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) - 5, I managed to locate the 2nd owner on Pelican Parts and was able to chat him up about the car to learn more about the history.
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 7
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 8 - previous - previous owner refreshed the paint ( I am the 4th owner; 3rd had it less than a month)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) - Subjective in my opinion. I wanted a driver/project car that will be a forever car. A/C converted to R-134 but has a leak. Rebuild required at some point (est. Nov 2018) as broken head stud on cyl 6 during PPI and valve adjustment.

I am saving up for this. I will acquire one soon. I really love it,
Old 02-22-2019, 09:44 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Kidasters
mileage 99k miles
Model year - 1989
C2 or C4 - C4
tip or manual - Manual
NA or turbo - NA
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.) - Cellphone and antenna
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) - 10 - Service History Stamps from 1989 to 1998 , all documents from original owner for all work done on the car to present. Copy of dealer window sticker in with records.
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 8 - minor wear on shift ****, steering wheel, headliner, carpets
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 8 mostly Original Paint, with documented respray on bumpers, driver's door, fenders.
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) - 9 - although PPI showed low compression on cyl 2, have not confirmed that issue yet.

love the polished rims
Old 02-22-2019, 11:22 PM
Kidasters
Advanced

Thanks guys.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:05 PM
964Luftballoon
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Congrats! I see you're in Houston as well. Hope to see you around sometime! If you're in need of a shop see Jordan over at Modern Aircooled. Can't recommend them enough!

Originally Posted by Kidasters
mileage 99k miles
Model year - 1989
C2 or C4 - C4
tip or manual - Manual
NA or turbo - NA

Old 02-23-2019, 10:05 PM
964Luftballoon
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Thanks for the compliment!

Originally Posted by Promise Alpha
I am saving up for this. I will acquire one soon. I really love it,
Old 02-23-2019, 10:26 PM
Kidasters
Advanced

Originally Posted by Infinite1
Congrats! I see you're in Houston as well. Hope to see you around sometime! If you're in need of a shop see Jordan over at Modern Aircooled. Can't recommend them enough!
Thanks. I don't do many events, but PM me if you want to meet up. I try to do most of my own work, but if it's beyond me, I call Warren at Rennsport at Sealy.

Old 03-05-2019, 02:01 PM
Twozter
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Recent Purchase:

purchase price: (in USD please) $37,000
purchase date: Feb 2019
mileage: 93K
state or country where purchased IL (USA)
Model year 1993
C2 or C4 C2
Coupe, targa or cab CAB
color Slate Grey Metallic
tip or manual Manual
NA or turbo NA
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.) Full Leather, Factory phone console, Cup 1s.
did the vehicle come with tool kit NO
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit NO
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) 2 (no records, but lots of service stamps in warranty book)
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 9 (refurbished by a pro, but shift **** and some pieces, color is chipping off)
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 7 (stone chips, small dents, small rust spot under windshield)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) 7 PPI indicates oil leaks, inner top trim slightly loose, frunk shocks dead, some suspension rubber needs attention
Old 03-09-2019, 02:46 AM
Jlini911
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good evening all, new member with first post who would appreciate the group’s input. I am looking at buying a 1990 964 C2 with approximately 55,000 miles. White exterior with wine/burgundy interior (not sure what the official color is called). It is in excellent condition inside and out, current owner (2nd) has had it for about 20 years and has only put 15,000 or so miles on it. This is the 4th Porsche he has owned and or restored so he knows how to take care of them. What do people feel is a fair price for a 964 of this vintage and condition?

FYI, I think he is going to ask around $33K which it seems is a fair price given the limited research I have had a chance to do.

Appreciate any input from the group.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:08 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlini911
Good evening all, new member with first post who would appreciate the group’s input. I am looking at buying a 1990 964 C2 with approximately 55,000 miles. White exterior with wine/burgundy interior (not sure what the official color is called). It is in excellent condition inside and out, current owner (2nd) has had it for about 20 years and has only put 15,000 or so miles on it. This is the 4th Porsche he has owned and or restored so he knows how to take care of them. What do people feel is a fair price for a 964 of this vintage and condition?

FYI, I think he is going to ask around $33K which it seems is a fair price given the limited research I have had a chance to do.

Appreciate any input from the group.

Coupe, targa or cab? If it is a 90 C2 coupe with 55k actual miles and no accident damage, I will take as many as you can find at $33k. If you can get any decent 964 for $33k grab it and don't look back. Although expect some needs and check to see if any engine work has been done. These had issues Porsche addressed in the later years. Don't trust any seller period, have it thoroughly checked out by a qualified shop who knows these cars. I would say the car is worth nearly double his asking all things considering. If he knows these cars he knows it is worth more than his asking so I suspect it isn't as clean as you might hope.

Probably matador red interior.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Jlini911
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cobalt, thank you for the feedback. The car is a coupe and I am 99% sure it has had no accident damage. I know the gentleman selling it and know for sure nothing has happened to it in the 20 or so years he has had it. I looked at it a few weeks ago and everything on the body looked straight. I am going to try to look at it again this coming week as he told me yesterday he is finally interested in selling it. I know their are some cracks in the tail light plastic pieces that I would want to replace but those are just cosmetic things that I would want to address. I also know it will need tires, they need to be replaced due to age not wear. I will definitely get a PPI. I know the shop and the mechanic that he has used and trust them both so I know that any work has been done correctly and will be able to get all service records on the car. Money would not been an issue for any repairs that needed to be done.

Money is not an issue now for the seller either and I just don’t think he realizes how much these cars have appreciated. He has not been as interested in or as physically able to enjoy his Porsche (he just turned 75) and has spent more time on his motor home and the early Bronco he is doing a frame off restoration on right now over the last few years.

I do plan on sharing the feedback I receive from the group with him in regards to the car’s value. Sometimes a great deal is not worth it if you are taking advantage of someone. If he still feels his price to me is fair to him and he gets what he wants for the car, then he is happy and I get a great deal and have a clear conscience.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlini911
Cobalt, thank you for the feedback. The car is a coupe and I am 99% sure it has had no accident damage. I know the gentleman selling it and know for sure nothing has happened to it in the 20 or so years he has had it. I looked at it a few weeks ago and everything on the body looked straight. I am going to try to look at it again this coming week as he told me yesterday he is finally interested in selling it. I know their are some cracks in the tail light plastic pieces that I would want to replace but those are just cosmetic things that I would want to address. I also know it will need tires, they need to be replaced due to age not wear. I will definitely get a PPI. I know the shop and the mechanic that he has used and trust them both so I know that any work has been done correctly and will be able to get all service records on the car. Money would not been an issue for any repairs that needed to be done.

Money is not an issue now for the seller either and I just don’t think he realizes how much these cars have appreciated. He has not been as interested in or as physically able to enjoy his Porsche (he just turned 75) and has spent more time on his motor home and the early Bronco he is doing a frame off restoration on right now over the last few years.

I do plan on sharing the feedback I receive from the group with him in regards to the car’s value. Sometimes a great deal is not worth it if you are taking advantage of someone. If he still feels his price to me is fair to him and he gets what he wants for the car, then he is happy and I get a great deal and have a clear conscience.

Thank you again for your feedback.
My faith in humanity has been restored...
Good luck to you, I hope you get it and share more details if/when you do.

Quick Reply: 964 Prices