Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brands Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 04:24 AM
Graham L
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the problems Greg - Good luck.

Is the pic of the coffee plantation 'train' tractor?
Old 08-31-2005, 07:42 AM
brookewebb
Instructor

Top marks Greg and Graham - it is indeed the Coffee Tractor!!! I think it was my favourite Porsche of the festival.

Greg - sorry to hear of your problems. Tognola are very near you if your man can't help. I also had a 'mare on the way back - the old stuttering / jerking problem returned with vengeance (I thought the throttle cam repair had fixed it).Took her into Northway yesterday - they swapped the MAF with a stock car and she runs fine now. So I guess it's a new MAF for me (though Autofarm put one in 2 years ago) - should be fitted on Saturday. With my rally to Monte-Carlo next weekend I was starting to consider hiring a car. Fingers crossed please!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:04 AM
Greg_L
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brookewebb
Top marks Greg and Graham - it is indeed the Coffee Tractor!!! I think it was my favourite Porsche of the festival.

Greg - sorry to hear of your problems. Tognola are very near you if your man can't help. I also had a 'mare on the way back - the old stuttering / jerking problem returned with vengeance (I thought the throttle cam repair had fixed it).Took her into Northway yesterday - they swapped the MAF with a stock car and she runs fine now. So I guess it's a new MAF for me (though Autofarm put one in 2 years ago) - should be fitted on Saturday. With my rally to Monte-Carlo next weekend I was starting to consider hiring a car. Fingers crossed please!
Thanks, i got Tognola to do the geometry last year, like you say its only about 1.5 miles away. Good luck getting to monaco.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought 964's didn't have MAF's?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:17 AM
DaveK
Race Car

They don't (although you can get them fitted) but I think lots of people call the stock air flow meter MAF. I had a similar hesitation problem and mine was also the air flow sensor - neatly solved when you spent ££££££££'s on yours, didn't need your air flow sensor and gave it to me.

Sure I still owe you a beer for that.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:06 AM
brookewebb
Instructor

OK, so its an air flow meter - you knew what I meant!!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:34 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg_L
It was a great day on sunday, great to see everyone. After watching that aforementioned orange monster i now know what Christer was going on about last year. Here's a link to my pictures of the day...
www.carmovies.net/gallery/brandspcgb05
I'll let you know what the mechanic thinks Andy. fingers crossed.

Nice pictures Greg. Especially the yellow one.

Shame nobody has got an mpeg of it lunchng up the main straight, I would love to hear what it sounds like from the outside!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Christer
Race Car

Colin, I have a poor quality (visually) clip of your car over the finish/start line on the other side of the pits......it actually sounds a bit like a frikking NASCAR.... I'll send it to you.....the noise is quite clear as you pass.....
Old 08-31-2005, 12:09 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Or, he could just chuck you the keys the next time you visit. Sure you'd oblige to do a quick drive past?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Christer
Race Car

Yeah....well you don't know Colin as well as I do He looked visibly relieved when I started crying because his car only had the one seat in it (and I hadn't thought any further than a passenger ride). Ha ha.....but yeah, would be happy to do a drive-by....
Old 09-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Greg_L
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Nice pictures Greg. Especially the yellow one.
Thanks Colin, good to meet you.
Originally Posted by Christer
Colin, I have a poor quality (visually) clip of your car over the finish/start line on the other side of the pits......it actually sounds a bit like a frikking NASCAR.... I'll send it to you.....the noise is quite clear as you pass.....
Send it to me too! and did you get any footage of Richard Chamberlain's 911E/935 monster? or anything else of worth? - i could host them...
Old 09-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Greg_L
Burning Brakes

Found this ... http://www.962c.com/ if you want to see video of that crazy road legal 550hp/830kg 962 from the weekend.
Sadly can't find any sites about Richard Chamberlain's 935 - anyone know of any? be interesting to see the development of the car etc...

Quick Reply: Brands Hatch