Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow, Carrera RS alignment really suck for the streets.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:05 PM
fasterlaster
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fstockcarrera
Jaime
Set the front toe to slight " toe in" (factory spec) and your car will not dart on the straight. I run zero front toe for road racing. "Toe out" is too twitchy for me. Toe affects the initial turn in. Your car will still feel the same in sweepers. I don't think the camber is really the problem. Neg camber is why it feels good in the corners. -1 neg is not that much to run on a street car. But the tires will wear slightly fast.
Bob Scotto
1990 carrera cup
Revival of a really old thread, but I didn't see any more recent threads that address my question. The comment above makes the comment that factory spec for 964 is "toe in" but in my electronic version of the shop manual it lists the spec for regular C2/C4 as 25' +- 5' (RS is the 15' +-5'). Isn't a positive number actually toe out and not toe in as mentioned above? I got new tires put on the 964 and just wanting to make the most appropriate decision in terms of alignment.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:32 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts

Positive is usually toe-in. It definitely is in this case. It sounds like OP shop translated positive as toe-out. Huge difference!

RS alignment is really pretty mild. The stock alignment is horrible and more like something I would expect on a minivan!
Old 03-02-2015, 09:41 PM
fasterlaster
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -nick
Positive is usually toe-in. It definitely is in this case. It sounds like OP shop translated positive as toe-out. Huge difference!

RS alignment is really pretty mild. The stock alignment is horrible and more like something I would expect on a minivan!
Thanks Nick, the sometimes conflicting comments made me really question what I thought I knew about alignment. I guess the stock alignment matches the stock ride height (minivan or suv)
Old 03-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Another thread with good alignment discussion.
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...and-setup.html

Quick Reply: Wow, Carrera RS alignment really suck for the streets.