Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Survey -- will the 964 be your last Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 05:50 AM
Riccardo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well,

My plan is to (finances permitting) always have a Porsche from now on.

Initially I was thinking of getting the 964 for 3 years and then getting my ultimate dream, a 98 C4S in a very drak blue of violet colour. I really like the look of the widebody 993s and also think their interior is nicer.

However, I now think I might keep the 964 for longer. Eventually I would like it to be joined by a very early 911 (anything between 67 and 72) and also a 356. Somewhere along the line I would also like a 914.

Either way, I think I might be a Porsche addict for life, and hopefully my wife and kids will be too (when I get some, that is).
Old 10-25-2001, 06:40 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear Melissa,
They will have to bury me in a Porsche. I am totally addicted. I will be going through mid life crisis until the day I die.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 10-25-2001, 10:31 AM
Robert Coats
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jack667:
<STRONG>
- Lastly, how about a 2002 996? 3.6L, 320HP+, 3-spoke steering wheel, sunroof delete, 20+% stiffer, ultra-light 18" wheels, add Recaro SRDs, harnesses, roll-bar, B&B, K&N, and H&R Race Coilovers. </STRONG>
Oh man, talk about excitement! I love it when you talk "dirty" like that! Next time, however, give me a second to get my pants down first. Whew! I need a cigarette...(grin)
Old 10-25-2001, 01:19 PM
GeoC2cab
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
High,
Second time around for me, It just makes my day when someone says they will keep their 964 Carrera 2/4 forever! I am an original owner(rolled it out of the show room myself in 1991), and if u have ur car for 5 years in my experience it will very hard to part with, kinda like a love affair, u buy her gifts, u get the rush when u see her, and u dont let anyone drive her;what it comes down to for me is complete satisfaction. I have drove the other models, 993, boxster, earlier 911's(which I favor more than the brand new ones)the only one I haven't gotten around to is a 996(but then again,no big deal). The other person can have the tt,
cup car,2s,4s,rs,box s,what ever it is; all I know is "I GOT MINE". I do like all Porsches, after all I got 2 tattoo's- 1 on my right calf, a rose w/ my wifes name in a banner,2- the Porsche stallion on my left.,It's all good...
Old 10-26-2001, 01:28 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Absolutely NOT!!

I plan to continue my plight of "moving up through the ranks" as my first P-Car was a 924, then a 944, 911SC, and now...a 964. Just workin' my way up to that TT!!

I have loved every one of them as much as the next one...sure I have my favorites.

George has got it right on the nose for now...964s do RULE!
Old 11-15-2001, 06:06 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Smile

Not new to the site but the first time in years I post something here. The interface has changed for the better. Anyhow, here is my story...

In October of 1997 I fulfilled my life long dream. I purchased a 1997, brand new, 0 miles!, 993C2S. The car was Guards Red with tan full leather interior. First thing I did was to take it around the island. By the time I arrived home it was 6:00am and I had covered 350 miles, done a 170mph twice in open highway. Everything was great except for the air conditioner not working. After taking it to the dealer a relay was found to be the problem. I took it a second time to repair the sunroof seal and while they were changing it the technician made a nasty scratch on the metal. They repainted the sunroof and then there was overspray all over the car… long story short… they ended up replacing my car with a new one. This time it was a 1997 C2S with the full Aerokit and the Vesuvio Metallic / Grey Leather combination. I had a lot of fun!! Until January 5 1998 when I got car jacked. At that point my wife would not co-sign for another car. I did managed to buy a 951 cash (no involvement from my wife, it was old, in need of TLC, you know... cheap!). My job relocated me to Orlando, FL and I have been looking at 993 since then. About two years ago I saw a 1997 993 C4S with 3000 miles!!! But since we had the cost of the new house and everything that is related to relocating, I could not afford it. That car was immaculate. Last year another car came up a 1997 C4S with only 7000 miles!! (Guards Red and black interior, the way I like them). But again, we were moving to a new house (family is growing, more space needed, and living in Orlando requires another room for the relatives to stay while they visit Mickey Mouse; we did not know we would be come the Diaz's Hotel for all relatives ) and money was an issue once again. I did manage to find and buy a 1991 C4 Cabriolet, 32K miles, in superb condition (at least at the time it was in superb condition… while changing the oil, adjusting the valves, changing the valve cover gaskets, and other maintenance items; a head bolt flew/blew off! Scary experience, good thing I was not in the way… I have been using the car, 8k miles so far, but I am worried that the fix would be worse, $$$, if I continue to wait. I have decided to do a top end rebuild. You will see a post on this with some questions and request for suggestions. ). I do not loose hope, however. I know I will be able to buy another 993 C2S or C4S. It is just a matter of time. To me the new model does not cut it! Only the Turbo model has caught my interest and is way out of my budget. I still have the 951 (my money pit, but I love to drive that car! ). I will give them both for a 993. I love those lines!!!! But this is what I have told my wife. I will sell the 951 and will keep the 964 for my daughter to have as her car (when she can drive, she will be 4 in January) and as soon as we are better, financially, I will look for a 993.

So back to the question… Yes! This 964 will be one of my last Porsches.

I am beginning to loose the sense of it all, so I will stop now. Ciao!
Old 11-15-2001, 10:03 PM
MikeF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love my car but still lust after a 94 3.6 Turbo in a dark color with a full leather interior. I just wonder if I'll miss having a top that goes down.

Should one come my way, I don't think I could pass up the opportunity to find out. For now, my 94 cab is the "other woman"
Old 11-15-2001, 11:22 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Mike,

I'm with you here. The factory no longer producing topless Turbos is one reason I don't already have one. I think I would really miss being able to drive alfresco.

Oh, but the power you would have ...

Quick Reply: Another Survey -- will the 964 be your last Porsche?