Cooling Ducts to replace fogs

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 03:14 PM
WilsonAnderson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling Ducts to replace fogs

Rennlisters,

Anyone with a set of cooling ducts to replace the fog lights they would like to part ways with? Preferably in G. Red.

Or a spare driver's side fog light? Preferably 91 vintage so the lens are similar. I do not want to replace both assemblies, if I do not have to, nor do I want to have one look crystal clear and new while the other has a bit of "discoloration" to it.

Nasty rock damage to my current fog light is an eye sore to an otherwise wonderful C4.

Thank you for your time,
Wilson
Old 02-01-2005, 04:45 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

there is a set on Ebay now.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

430hp???
Wow. How'd you get that much?

c
Old 02-02-2005, 11:06 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Chris,

The 3.6T was rated at 360Hp from the factory already.(which was under rated) Add a nice set of headers, a nice HF K27 turbo (very important) and a 1 bar spring and you get there rather easily. Most important is a good tuner like Rick Deman that adjusts AFR's properly using a dyno. If i removed the cats I think it should be closer to 450hp but I want the car to be street legal.

There are many approaches to making these cars more powerful. Different turbos can be used to make the car more powerful but at the expense of streetability. My car currently has abundant power which comes on both full boost and almost maximum torque at 3200rpm. Different setups may give you more ultimate power but I find this setup is very useable for street driving. I have yet to have any modified Z06 or other type vehicle give me much of a hard time. Although we will see what the C6 Z06 has to offer in the spring.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:24 AM
WilsonAnderson
Advanced

Cobalt,

Thank you for the heads up. Now just waiting for the auction to end and praying no one else decides this is a good idea!

Take care,
Wilson
Old 02-02-2005, 02:28 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Actually i have been wanting to do this myself! Where on Ebay did you find them listed
Just kidding
Be interested to hear how it comes out. Does anybody know if they are the same vents as the 993 uses?
Old 02-02-2005, 02:38 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

No they are way different than the 993 units.

The MaShaw products are nice and considerably less money. He sells both the standard vent and the vent with fogs. The vent with fogs I believe were < $300 i do not know how much for the ones without the fogs.

The only problem I have with the fogs is that they are set into the Fiberglass and are not adjustable. However, I have been informed that the techart ones which sell for over $1200 are adjustable but difficult to impossible to adjust.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:24 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Thanks Anthony, figured they wouldnt fit.
Do they make a decent projection on the MaShaw ones even tho they are non adjustable or not worth doing with the lights. Dont want something aimed to high or to low. I want the oil/AV cooling instead of brake cooling but would like to keep the driving lights also.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:57 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Warning" I was thinking on bidding, and I have deep pockets!. Just kidding. I am watching and if they stay below retail I was thinking about bidding. Other wise I might just order a set from Performance Prods.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:29 AM
WilsonAnderson
Advanced

Pete and Jim,

I feel obliged to inform you both that the set of brake ducts on ebay currently do not fit C2's, They are a special design for the C4 that only works on cars operated in the greater Cincinnati area and locales farther south. (Anyone think they'll buy that?)

If only you guys could relocate...

If you guys find your self in need of them no hard feelings. I just ask you to remember those of us with that lack the deep pockets and are too embarrasssed to be seen with thier freinds with a jacked up fog light. You have no idea how horrible it is to be home bound because of this. The daily ribbing, snide remarks as I walk thru the halls in the office, the snickering. it is a brutal, just brutal.

Take care guys,
Wilson
Old 02-03-2005, 11:35 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Ok just this once I will cut you some slack. Yea us rich people down here in Florida easly can afford to buy only the best new ones ! Cant speak for Pete tho
Old 02-03-2005, 01:53 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Wilson,

Just in case you didn't know, installation of the air ducts will require some hacking and drilling of the bumper. Let me know if you need some pics or tips.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Here's a link to a 92 Turbo for sale on Ebay right now that has the duct/fog light combo. Nice looking.

c

picture:

http://photos2.ebizautos.com/1759/576631_3.jpg
Old 02-04-2005, 09:31 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

PC2,
You said it took some hacking and drilling of the bumper to install the duct. Does this mean if I decided to return the car to original it wouldnt be possible without repariring the hacking or would it be hidden?
Hey Wilson did ya win the auction or I still got time to bid
Old 02-04-2005, 12:32 PM
WilsonAnderson
Advanced

Jim,

Jim, nope you missed out, just ended!

(It ends Sunday, 02/06/05 +/- 2 days and 6 or so hours left as of 11:20 est.)

Do not let me stop you from bidding! I have been assuming everyone is joking around with me in good nature and since it is an auction, you should bid if you want it.

I would be interested if it is reversible so one day when I decide to sell I can return everythign to stock. ( I have all the radio, speakers, amp. in a box that came with the car) and I figure the future ownder may prefer the option.

Take care,
Wilson

Quick Reply: Cooling Ducts to replace fogs