Sponsored by:

Need help buying a Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 10:53 PM
JonSeigel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phil:

If your new Porsche business doesn't work out (although I'm sure it will be very successful), it seems that you can make a bundle exporting UK chocolate to expats. I'm sure Howard and Ruairdh will provide a constant stream of business!
Old 08-05-2004, 12:03 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob W.
No worries, I know who to call when I want another porkie...

Rob W
Mmmmmm..Pork pies! Havent had a good pork pie in years - the sort they used to sell in The Bollin Cafe in Prestbury with chewy pastry and full of jelly!!!

Oh, yup Phils Porsche Finder Service!! Of course! erm...will there be confectionary giveaways as part of the early promotion Phil?
Old 08-06-2004, 05:42 PM
McJohn
Racer

Seeing as this thread has gone way off track, may as well get totally surreal.

The next time any of you meet up with your esteemed moderator Mr Boggiano, be sure to ask him about the night when his stash of Mars Bars got taped to the ceiling!

Mc John
Old 08-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
Mmmmmm..Pork pies! Havent had a good pork pie in years - the sort they used to sell in The Bollin Cafe in Prestbury with chewy pastry and full of jelly!!!
?
.......oh yes, and an egg in the middle -
Old 08-06-2004, 09:39 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Woah, woah, woah...
Howard, did you say there's a place in the US that sells Iron Bru?!?! I can't believe it! I'd be willing to buy a plane ticket just to come over and pick up a case! (That is, if I didn't already have to buy new brake pads, and a few microswitches, and springs...)
Brian
Old 08-06-2004, 09:40 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

That's it. I'm going back to eating baked beans with my Saturday morning fry up!
Brian
Old 08-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ruairidh
.......oh yes, and an egg in the middle -

Oooh and scotch eggs too!!

In fact we should plan a Rennlist ex-pat picnic, were we have a menu consisting solely of pork pies (with branston pickle - bought some of that the other day too!), scotch eggs, mars bars, Licorice Allsorts, wine gums & baked beans all washed down with Dandelion & Burdock, Vimpto, Iron Bru and Mr Boggiano can throw in a bottle of vintage green lucozade for his stateside brothers! Probably wouldnt want to do much spirited driving after this little lot though!

BTW Phil, I am extremely sorry for totally hijacking this thread with my British confectionary fantasies!!! Although it HAS kept it bumped I suppose! Anyway...my aplogies! --H
Old 08-07-2004, 03:22 AM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny thing is, it's all stuff no one over here actually eats!
Old 08-07-2004, 04:37 AM
dove
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
Were did you get lucozade in Texas ???? I can imagine the taste still surprisingly!! Did it have the familiar old orange cellophane wrapped around it?

The English Pub near Tom. W's has Iron Bru and fizzy Vimpto for sale..no lucozade though! Some time ago they even had Maynards Winegums...
You might not have lucozade but youve got mountain dew..NOW THATS A DRINK!!
Old 08-07-2004, 04:40 AM
dove
Banned

Originally Posted by Phil Raby
I'm setting up a service to take all the hard work out of buying a Porsche. Or at least I do the hard work for you!

A full website is coming soon at www.findaporsche.com but in the meantime there's a holding page with my contact details on. Do get in touch if you'd like to know more.

Cheers
Phil. Bear in mind old chap that I have a very nice Boxster for sale

Paul
Old 08-07-2004, 04:43 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phil Raby
Funny thing is, it's all stuff no one over here actually eats!
I think you'd be surprised!!!
Old 08-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Don't worry Phil.

We Irish fully understand the concept - there is a 1 to 1 relationship between how "Irish" you are and the distance from Ireland.

I think this rule also applies to the pork pie eaters and the lucozade drinkers !!

P.S. when you need some contacts to English speaking Porsche pushers in Germany, let me know.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:26 AM
Fred, Long Island
Racer

Another great example of a posting going off into the hinterland. I wish we could have at least one, truly technical, forum and others for this................
Old 08-07-2004, 08:45 AM
DaveK
Race Car

I guess different people want different things. I always find my technical questions are answered on Rennlist even if the thread eventually goes off on a tangent. Personally, I am quite happy for threads to develop this way - I think it makes for a very relaxed friendly place. If you want purely technical then I'd recommend John Miles Smartgroups thing. I actually left that because whenever someone mentioned something non-technical we'd get the "Technical posts only please" post and I prefer the more relaxed approach in Rennlist.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:22 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 115 Posts

You guys in Yurrup, stop complaining, YOU can drive to Germany and enjoy your cars, we have I95, I495 etc, better off with Prius here.
And, don't get me started with the espresso, had to spend a "ton" of $ to buy an Italian espresso machine after a few trips" over there" to try to match the espresso.
So, here I can use my cars to just enjoy a "drive" and spend a saturday polishing.
Even when we visit the rentals are usually limited to "transportation" cars, ok but not a BMW M car or a P car.

Quick Reply: Need help buying a Porsche?