Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 01:22 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fred, Long Island
Another great example of a posting going off into the hinterland. I wish we could have at least one, truly technical, forum and others for this................
I find, like Dave, that this is the sort of thing that actually makes Rennlist so great - the people get to know eachother and become friends (cyber or actual) as a result. Thus , you often get situations when people really 'go the extra mile' for each other in a way that you don't get elsewhere. It's also good because it can encourage people who might have useful information to post rather than just hang about in the background worrying about breaking into 'the clique'.

Just as long as it doesn't actually interfere with getting to the answers...

I DO take your point, Fred, though. But, like Howard said, at least it keeps Phil's topic bounced up.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Deleted Post..can't be bothered!
Old 08-08-2004, 07:41 AM
Fred, Long Island
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No malice intended....just making an observation. Seemed reasonable to me. Would an 'espresso' category on the Board appear under "oil and aircooled" ?
Old 08-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Fred, thanks for the nice PM - I just put something in your inbox --H
Old 08-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think John B says it well - this is what makes Rennlist so great. Fred, sorry if you find the extraneous stuff irritating - I hope you find the informative stuff helpful. And I think the two go hand in hand.

The conversation is not always on topic but when you need a 964 answer - where better to look and who better to ask? Part of the reason we go the extra mile is we like hanging out here (not in the OT or other forums - but here with our 964 fellow owners).

And Rennlist is great, and I've just been the unexpected beneficiary of this great place. Howard - I've just sent you a PM. That was an incredibly thoughtful and nice thing you did - thank you :-)
Old 08-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

R - Just returning the goodwill! Thanks for all the help, your a stand up guy! I only wish it hadn't taken so long to say 'thanks!'

Quick Reply: Need help buying a Porsche?