Sponsored by:

Passenger Side Door Lock Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 06:19 PM
Rdiehl11
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Passenger Side Door Lock Issue

The pass side door lock will not go down like it used to when I push the central locking switch. I have to manually turn the door lock **** or push it down by hand. I've been told that it's probably the door lock solenoid in the pass side door that needs to be replaced. Didn't know if I also need to replace the door lock micro switch as well. Just checking to see if anyone else has had similar issue and how they corrected it. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2022, 02:04 PM
darylbowden
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 325 Posts

So it's only one of the doors? If your driver works then yes it's probably the solenoid or the microswitch. You can test both of those, but getting to them and replacing them is about a 60-90 minute job so I went ahead and replaced them (parts were cheaper then...) when I pulled them apart anyhow. Anyhow, getting to the solenoid is slightly easier IMO, so once you've taken the door panel/waterproofing skin off, you can then remove it. Then you can test it easily with a 12 volt battery. If that works move to the microswitch which requires removing the door handle IIRC.

I suppose it also COULD be the module, but I can't be certain and the fact the driver's door works makes me think that isn't the case but I'm not an expert. @ToreB may have a way to test the module and if that is something that is easy, I would start there since it's the easiest to access.

Lastly, if you do end up replacing/accessing the door handle and the solenoid, you should also buy new waterproofing skins (there's probably a more proper term for this but it's the thin plastic layer that keeps the water away from the electronics in the door and is adhered to the metal of the door itself) because it will need replacing when you do this work.
Old 03-21-2022, 02:16 PM
Rdiehl11
Intermediate

Thanks for the information. This is very helpful and I will get started on this later this week. Just one more Porsche project, but oh well, worth it!
Old 03-21-2022, 02:46 PM
964Luftballoon
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts

Another thing you can also look into which found about recently is the rod to the door actuator. One of the members here @drola replaced his in the YouTube vid below

Old 03-21-2022, 02:56 PM
Rdiehl11
Intermediate

Thanks, I'll check it out now.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:28 PM
drola
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 119 Posts

That's exactly what I fixed in that video.
This is the part:
https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...=0&SVSVSI=0882
Obviously the actuator need to be working. But when you take the door panel off and get behind the plastic sheeting, you'll see if that rod is attached or not. Most likely it is not and this $4 part will fix your issue.

Last edited by drola; 03-21-2022 at 10:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
964Luftballoon (03-22-2022)
Old 03-22-2022, 01:15 PM
Rdiehl11
Intermediate

Very cool for you to take the time to reply. Thank you and I have the part on order.

Quick Reply: Passenger Side Door Lock Issue