Sponsored by:

Scissor Lift Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 04:59 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by LOMartin
A cheap engine lift is very useful if you have one laying around.
Great idea. A reason to keep mine, when the time comes to shift my scissor lift.
Old 03-11-2022, 05:06 AM
uli1266
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

I remember to have seen an unpacking/installation video on the TwinBusch website, maybe that helps
Old 03-11-2022, 06:35 AM
spooky69
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 55 Posts

I cut through the center of the pallet, lifted the back up onto jacks and put the wheels on the lift and then lifted the front and removed the pallet. After that I just put the ramps I had bought under those wheels and lowered them onto the ramps, then lowered the front onto the rubber jack pads that came with the lift. The part that you use to move the lift around lifted that side high enough to remove the rubber jack pads and it just rolled off.

Getting it moved to another house would be rather traumatic... the engine hoist suggestion sounds like a good idea.

Appalling, almost non-existent instructions for setting it up. The 400V plug was a 5-pin but my garage has a 4-pin. There are only 4 wires for the motor so it should be fine with a 4-pin plug and I'll pop one on later (there's no neutral). All the wires to the controller seem to be numbered so that looks easy, although two of them say '4' when one of those should say '14' as far as I can tell.

I'll give it a go later but it looks straightforward.
The following users liked this post:
LOMartin (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 02:08 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

When I built a 2nd garage at the end of our land, I was worried how I would move the scissor lift to its new location. The 5 builders I had on site just looked at the scissor lift, without saying anything, just picked it up and walked it down the driveway 40 metres to the garage! Job done.
Old 03-11-2022, 02:39 PM
spooky69
Racer

So I connected everything up and pressed the button to raise the lift and it pumped a load of oil out of an empty hole at the bottom of the motor. There is one hole that the hose connects to and at the other end is an empty hole with a screw thread inside it. I reversed polarity to make the motor pump the other way but it is not drawing any oil.

The hose has an L connector at one end and is straight at the other end. I have the L connector at the pump end.

Is it possible that the pump was emptied and now needs to be primed? Any ideas?

Last edited by spooky69; 03-11-2022 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:54 AM
spooky69
Racer

They had somehow left the connector off... After days of discussion they sent one to me and it's now working.

Now I need to get on with stuff!
Old 03-17-2022, 01:36 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by spooky69
They had somehow left the connector off... After days of discussion they sent one to me and it's now working.

Now I need to get on with stuff!
Installed picture or it didn’t happen !
Old 03-17-2022, 02:27 PM
spooky69
Racer

Originally Posted by Spokes
Installed picture or it didn’t happen !
😂

The missing piece! It does seem to lose a little bit of hydraulic fluid from this connection… I’ll have to keep an eye on it.

The following 3 users liked this post by spooky69:
John McM (03-17-2022), LOMartin (03-17-2022), Spokes (03-18-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 02:36 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

😂

The missing piece! It does seem to lose a little bit of hydraulic fluid from this connection… I’ll have to keep an eye on it.

Looks great. You won’t regret it. I look forward to working on my car when it’s easy to access.
Old 03-17-2022, 03:15 PM
spooky69
Racer

Originally Posted by John McM
Looks great. You won’t regret it. I look forward to working on my car when it’s easy to access.
Thanks, I'm pleased with it and surprised how quick it goes up.

I'd like to get rid of that very slight leak...

The front is a bit lower than the back or I would be able to fit blocks under the jack pads I have that fit the car. I might look at getting something under the front wheels to just lift it a bit higher - it only needs a few mm. It's not entirely necessary but would allow a bit more room to get to that bolt for oil changes.

Should the handbrake be off when it's up in the air? When I drop the car down it seems to creep forward ever so slightly.
Old 03-17-2022, 03:29 PM
LOMartin
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I have that problem of the front lower on my 964.
I just shaved down my rubber blocks to fit.

the setup looks great, good looking following you got there. You’re going to love having a lift, you
will look for excuses to work on the car now.
Old 03-17-2022, 03:45 PM
spooky69
Racer

Originally Posted by LOMartin
I have that problem of the front lower on my 964.
I just shaved down my rubber blocks to fit.

the setup looks great, good looking following you got there. You’re going to love having a lift, you
will look for excuses to work on the car now.
That's a good idea about the blocks.

I love how easily it goes up - it's going to make it so much easier to work on the car and it will take next to no time to get it up in the air. I can try to fit that Sleepers SSK now.

I'm very glad I went for this instead of a QuickJack, and especially considering the prices they are going for now.

Thanks for all of the assistance.
LOMartin (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 10:47 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Thanks, I'm pleased with it and surprised how quick it goes up.

I'd like to get rid of that very slight leak...

The front is a bit lower than the back or I would be able to fit blocks under the jack pads I have that fit the car. I might look at getting something under the front wheels to just lift it a bit higher - it only needs a few mm. It's not entirely necessary but would allow a bit more room to get to that bolt for oil changes.

Should the handbrake be off when it's up in the air? When I drop the car down it seems to creep forward ever so slightly.
I leave the handbrake off when it’s in the air. The car shouldn’t roll far when lowered. The main problem I have is the rear tyres tucking under when lifted and then trying to force the ramp sideways when lowered. I think your system there would cope as the wheel ramps are not connected.
spooky69 (03-18-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 11:42 PM
LOMartin
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I leave the handbrake off when it’s in the air. The car shouldn’t roll far when lowered. The main problem I have is the rear tyres tucking under when lifted and then trying to force the ramp sideways when lowered. I think your system there would cope as the wheel ramps are not connected.

same with the handbrake and same with the tires pushing things to the outside.

with my setup it pushes my ramps sideways. So I bolted the ramps down.
I also have the lift bolted to the concrete.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:14 AM
No_snivelling
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 137 Posts

Which end of the missing fitting went into the lift?
The picture is a bit fuzzy but it looks like the RH end is an ORB and requires an O-ring in order to seal against the machined flat surface on your lift.

Quick Reply: Scissor Lift Dimensions