Sponsored by:

Scissor Lift Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 08:25 AM
spooky69
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by No_snivelling
Which end of the missing fitting went into the lift?
The picture is a bit fuzzy but it looks like the RH end is an ORB and requires an O-ring in order to seal against the machined flat surface on your lift.
The right-hand end goes into the pump side but no o-ring was supplied with it. Do you think it should have one?
Old 03-18-2022, 08:46 AM
No_snivelling
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 137 Posts

Yes, I am pretty sure its an ORB fitting. Take it to a hydraulics shop and they will fit you with an o-ring and the leak will be fixed.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:58 AM
spooky69
Racer

Yes, I am pretty sure its an ORB fitting. Take it to a hydraulics shop and they will fit you with an o-ring and the leak will be fixed.
Thanks. I can't believe they didn't supply it with the part in the first place and then sent the part without the o-ring...

Am I going to have oil going everywhere when I take this apart to get it sorted?
Old 03-18-2022, 09:06 AM
No_snivelling
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 137 Posts

I don't think you will get a big flood of oil if this fitting screws into the pump. If it was going into the tank, that could be a different story.

I would take a few good photos of the port on the pump to take to the hydraulics shop. With the photos and your fitting they should be able to sort this out quickly.

It's a shame the lift manufacturer did not include these vital parts with the original shipment.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:13 AM
spooky69
Racer

I don't think you will get a big flood of oil if this fitting screws into the pump. If it was going into the tank, that could be a different story.

I would take a few good photos of the port on the pump to take to the hydraulics shop. With the photos and your fitting they should be able to sort this out quickly.

It's a shame the lift manufacturer did not include these vital parts with the original shipment.
It looked like there had been a part there and it was removed. Sending it without the part required for it to work is bad enough but then sending that part without the ring... Unreal.

Thanks for the help. I looked at it this morning and the paper towels I had put under the fitting were soaked.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:55 PM
spooky69
Racer

I visited a local place and they gave me a washer with a rubber seal built into it that they reckoned would do a better job, so I've fitted it and I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Scissor Lift Dimensions