Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 01:04 AM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Warning about 90 C4 on the market - VIN WP0AB2961LS450167

WP0AB2961LS450167

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...178139366.html

I know of at least 2 very trusted sources that know this car well and neither had good things to say about , I emailed the seller asking simple easy to answer questions about rust for example and he said it did not have any rust which is a complete lie. Here is the Craigslist ad, and the eBay ad and I’m going to copy and paste what someone else had to say about the car.

do a very serious PPi on this car because the flipper selling it isn’t disclosing the reality of the car.

BUYER BEWARE! This is a well known rusty mess that was for sale in san diego a year ago, i personally saw the car then, and it was offered for $35,000 but wasn't even worth the risk as i was looking for a clean car. I am not the only one who knows about this car, already a few others on social media are warning about it (SEE 2ND PIC THATS NOT EVEN MY POST)

unless this seller did a ground up restoration addressing the major rust then it was just touched up to cover up the mess. CHECK THE DRIVERS SIDE AND UNDER THE HEADLIGHT AND INSIDE RAILING ALL RUSTY BUBBLES, BONDO CRACKING . CHECK INSIDE PASSENGER DOOR SILLS , CHECK THE TERRIBLE HOOOD ALINMENT FROM THE CAR BEING HIT, INTERIOR LOOKS IN THE RECENT PICS LIKE IT WAS PAINTED TO COVER THE MESS OF THE LEATHER.

When i saw it there was also rust around the windshield which appears to now have been covered up, but this was serious rust not the kind you can just mickey mouse, ask for reciepts and records of all the rust and restoration work (which i doubt has been done, the car just got touched up by a touch up company that posted it on social media, that is all)”

Vin # WP0AB2961LS450167
The following users liked this post:
Gh0st0 (08-19-2020)
Old 08-19-2020, 12:19 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,790 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Repost from the for sale thread:

Folks I don't usually do this. Saw this car a while back when a friend of mine was shopping for one to hot rod. I will never discourage anyone buying anything for the right price, but for anyone that goes into this one, needs to do so with full disclosure and do full inspection. It had very bizarre corrosion issues. Based on the rust and interior condition it likely sat outside uncovered very close (like on) the ocean in a high wave activity area. Likely northern coastal San Diego county. For example, the trunk latch is rusted worse than cars I've seen from the northeast or east coast. It had corrosion on nearly all body panel joining areas.

Don't be lured by the factory sunroof delete or the natural brown full leather sport seat interior!

Anyway, anyone who looks at this car: go in eyes wide open, do a full inspection at a shop that knows these cars, and pay requisite with the work it needs. Just know, its probably best for a car that would be fully ripped apart and fully restored with a very large budget. How about a C4 wide body factory type Safari racer? :-)
Old 08-19-2020, 03:50 PM
kingshawn1234
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys,

So this is actually my car that I bought. People are really being haters and I guess jealous. I have sold many cars in the on BRINGATRAILER, RM, BARRET Jackson, Ebay and more and have a great reputation. I have a personal collection of vintages cars including Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Toyota Land Cruisers, mustangs and more. I am always buying and selling cars for fun as a hobby.
I bought this car about 4 months ago and fixed all body issues. People who are making these claims haven't even seen the car in person after I was done with it so its real unfair to make assumptions. I say you come check out the car in person and then voice your opinion. I removed and all major rust spots and the funny thing is there was no rust on or around the windshield, or the doors jams, door sills, inside railings and hood alignment is not an issue. Also I had part of the interior reupholstered and some of the interior was dyed so everything matches evenly and keep its original look since its hard to find the exact matching leather from 1990 and with use the color is always a little different. So dyed it so it all flows and matches nicely. I encourage you guys to come check out the car and also get a PPI. I also paid more than 35k for the car
Old 08-19-2020, 04:03 PM
kingshawn1234
Intermediate

Another thing I didnt mention is the previous owner poured a lot of money into this car over 50k in service records. You can even ask the mechanic who has taken care of the car for the previous owner since 2006. Its called European Motorsports.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:36 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 404 Likes on 237 Posts

Great - seems like there were relatively serious issues, so I'm sure there are some photos or records of the work that was done to address them.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:23 PM
lateforlunch
Instructor

the hood alignment is clearly terrible in the craigslist ad pictures.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:43 PM
stutt911
Banned

Originally Posted by kingshawn1234
Hey Guys,

So this is actually my car that I bought. People are really being haters and I guess jealous. I have sold many cars in the on BRINGATRAILER, RM, BARRET Jackson, Ebay and more and have a great reputation. I have a personal collection of vintages cars including Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Toyota Land Cruisers, mustangs and more. I am always buying and selling cars for fun as a hobby.
I bought this car about 4 months ago and fixed all body issues. People who are making these claims haven't even seen the car in person after I was done with it so its real unfair to make assumptions. I say you come check out the car in person and then voice your opinion. I removed and all major rust spots and the funny thing is there was no rust on or around the windshield, or the doors jams, door sills, inside railings and hood alignment is not an issue. Also I had part of the interior reupholstered and some of the interior was dyed so everything matches evenly and keep its original look since its hard to find the exact matching leather from 1990 and with use the color is always a little different. So dyed it so it all flows and matches nicely. I encourage you guys to come check out the car and also get a PPI. I also paid more than 35k for the car
never heard of you! As they say buy the seller. Another member sent these to me from when he saw the car, let’s see what these spots look like now, seems you had the touch up company out to touch up some Rusty parts in your driveway , that’s called covering up not fixing.

but you are saying you addressed everything so that means the car must have had a glass out restoration because of how bad the corrosion was, just post receipts for that .

post photos of these exact spots since you’ve fixed it.

Old 08-19-2020, 05:51 PM
stutt911
Banned

you would have been better off not posting here , When zooming in on your Craigslist ad I can see the rear decklid rusty edge pictured below is just painted over, I can see the rusty screw is still there, so what type of restoration did you do? All your angles of interior don’t show the dash, I could keep on going. Some
unsuspecting poor buyer is going to get screwed on this car

Wow more pics keep coming in. No mention of cracked dash in your ad but since you’re a good well known seller you must have deduced that otherwise you would mention it.

or the door Rusty jambs And that rusty screw holding the panel on drilled rite through the car.

Just show us good clear pics of that you’ve fixed since you are a good seller . Thanks

Love the rusty screw

Last edited by stutt911; 08-19-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:02 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

LOL at the screw. Liquid Nail would have shown more effort.

Last edited by chsu74; 08-19-2020 at 06:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
kricci (08-26-2020)
Old 08-19-2020, 06:04 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 886 Posts

Old 08-19-2020, 06:06 PM
paddlefoot64
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

Wait, gotta go get some popcorn!
Old 08-19-2020, 06:15 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,790 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Hey Guys,

I don't think you quite get it:
1. Nobody cares what you paid for it
2. Nobody is telling you what to ask for the car
3. everyone is asking you as a seller to have full disclosure, which you are clearly not

So you can keep bullish!tting the issues or you can come clean on the car and represent it honestly and candidly.

The car has value, to someone, but, nobody should get ripped off by a bunch of lipstick on a pig. Further the issue I saw were all cosmetic, and the pictures above are similar to what I recall seeing. I didn't judge the mechanicals which may be in good shape, I don't know.

Maybe you can clear the air by posting some pics of the receipts & restoration work taken by a proper camera not a 2002 Motorola flip phone.

Last edited by Spyerx; 08-19-2020 at 06:16 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Spyerx:
964Luftballoon (08-19-2020), darylbowden (08-19-2020), Deserion (08-20-2020), kricci (08-26-2020), L39E (08-19-2020), Marine Blue (08-19-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-19-2020, 07:08 PM
Speedster911
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I don't think you quite get it:
1. Nobody cares what you paid for it
2. Nobody is telling you what to ask for the car
3. everyone is asking you as a seller to have full disclosure, which you are clearly not

So you can keep bullish!tting the issues or you can come clean on the car and represent it honestly and candidly.

The car has value, to someone, but, nobody should get ripped off by a bunch of lipstick on a pig. Further the issue I saw were all cosmetic, and the pictures above are similar to what I recall seeing. I didn't judge the mechanicals which may be in good shape, I don't know.

Maybe you can clear the air by posting some pics of the receipts & restoration work taken by a proper camera not a 2002 Motorola flip phone.
^^^+++^^^
Old 08-19-2020, 11:17 PM
kingshawn1234
Intermediate

those are all old photos before I had the car. Im not hiding anything and I don't need to prove myself. If you are a real buyer contact me and I am happy to send you any photo you like.
Old 08-20-2020, 12:05 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

those are all old photos before I had the car. Im not hiding anything and I don't need to prove myself. If you are a real buyer contact me and I am happy to send you any photo you like.
Posting some pictures of the completed work along with any receipts would very quickly clear everything up and could also find a buyer for the car sooner. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t do this to clear your name and also confirm the cars condition.

Otherwise we can only reference the pictures in this post and what is on Craigslist and neither matches up with what your saying.

Being a seller on BAT also doesn’t buy any credit for many of us. Several weeks ago I saw a 964 that was purchased on BAT and wasn’t impressed. Had I been the buyer I would have been incredibly disappointed when it rolled off the back of the car hauler. What’s worse I know the car needed lots of work to get it running reliably.

Quick Reply: Warning about 90 C4 on the market - VIN WP0AB2961LS450167