Real cup car or fake? - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Real cup car or fake?

 
Old 03-15-2019, 09:27 PM
  #16  
Vegas993
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Vegas993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 780
Default

Clearly not a factory cup conversion but if the VIN info is correct, it was a Cup "parts car" that got a half-*** conversion by someone along the way.
Vegas993 is online now  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:32 PM
  #17  
2swoosh
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
2swoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: cherry hill nj
Posts: 16
Default

Looking at the cage I remembered drag racing years ago and got kicked out of the track because the cage on my car is not enough for my speed they want a 10 point cage like this one. where can I view the real factory cage for the Cup cars?
2swoosh is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:34 PM
  #18  
2swoosh
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
2swoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: cherry hill nj
Posts: 16
Default

I also saw a Brumos sticker at the back glass
2swoosh is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:50 PM
  #19  
Triz82
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 8
Default

This is one of the 20 that was not converted by Andial. Great find
Triz82 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:52 PM
  #20  
jeff33702
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 448
Default

Noted the cup sticker on the hood is skewed the opposite direction of the reference pictures that I've found.
jeff33702 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:54 PM
  #21  
Triz82
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by Vegas993 View Post
Did you read this part:

"392, 509 (the red pace car), 514, 573, 575 and 579-602 (less 582-584 and 594-599 out of sequence not Cup USA) were unconverted (2nd batch) and intended parts cars and in my opinion the best to own because they weren't monkeyed with and the trim etc is still as delivered from the factory. 45 cars total."
i afree this is a hell of a find.
Triz82 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 11:18 PM
  #22  
jeff33702
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 448
Default

I just have to say it - no offense meant but these are the days we live in. OP seems genuine and I've txt'd with him - but we have 2 new users touting what a find this is. If the OP passes on it - I hope whoever goes after it (my hat is in the ring) is careful.
jeff33702 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 11:24 PM
  #23  
Triz82
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by jeff33702 View Post
I just have to say it - no offense meant but these are the days we live in. OP seems genuine and I've txt'd with him - but we have 2 new users touting what a find this is. If the OP passes on it - I hope whoever goes after it (my hat is in the ring) is careful.
I actually sourced this car and had a inspection done prior to him posting the car. The car has been authenticated as a cup car. It has the correct G50 trans , aluminum intake, correct wheels and the correct hour meter under the front bonnet. The car will correctly be bought to life by one of Anidals ex factory techs.
Triz82 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 11:46 PM
  #24  
Lorenzoh
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 286
Default

Originally Posted by Triz82 View Post

I actually sourced this car and had a inspection done prior to him posting the car. The car has been authenticated as a cup car. It has the correct G50 trans , aluminum intake, correct wheels and the correct hour meter under the front bonnet. The car will correctly be bought to life by one of Anidals ex factory techs.
Would you mind explaining how your sourced the car?
And, if an inspection was done prior to this post, then why so few details about its history/condition and questions about its pedigree?
Lorenzoh is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 11:59 PM
  #25  
Triz82
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh View Post


Would you mind explaining how your sourced the car?
And, if an inspection was done prior to this post, then why so few details about its history/condition and questions about its pedigree?
he was told by someone that it was only 25 cars which is half true. 20 cars as we all should know didnĺt go threw andial. I will give public details due time on this particular vehicle but just to ease the need of the questioning of its authenticity it is a factory car.
Triz82 is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 12:12 AM
  #26  
Vegas993
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Vegas993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 780
Default

No way that is a factory cage, if it is, the janitor must have been on cage duty that day. No hood pins, funky brake ducts...

Based on the VIN info above, this was a Cup Car "spare" that was converted at some point.
Vegas993 is online now  
Old 03-16-2019, 12:21 AM
  #27  
Triz82
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by Vegas993 View Post
No way that is a factory cage, if it is, the janitor must have been on cage duty that day. No hood pins, funky brake ducts...

Based on the VIN info above, this was a Cup Car "spare" that was converted at some point.
you do know only the 25 cars retrofitted by Andial received Hood pins and other parts?
Triz82 is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 12:44 AM
  #28  
2swoosh
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
2swoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: cherry hill nj
Posts: 16
Default

I think the magnet test did it, lol but anyway once the dust settles she will get a full refresh based on factory specs no aftermarket stuff whatsoever I just wanna drive it and see if it's better than my GT-2 I just sold. No race tract though. Gracias everyone.
2swoosh is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 01:00 AM
  #29  
jeff33702
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 448
Default

Come back and post more pics when you get the car - really cool find.
jeff33702 is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 01:17 AM
  #30  
Lorenzoh
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 286
Default

Originally Posted by 2swoosh View Post
I think the magnet test did it, lol but anyway once the dust settles she will get a full refresh based on factory specs no aftermarket stuff whatsoever I just wanna drive it and see if it's better than my GT-2 I just sold. No race tract though. Gracias everyone.
Sorry but Iĺm calling BS on this one.
You need to drive a 260hp semi race car to see how it compares to a GT2? Really??
Lorenzoh is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: