So who's the go-to guy for rebuilding distributors these days? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Air/Oil Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 964 Forum
Reload this Page >

So who's the go-to guy for rebuilding distributors these days?

Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

So who's the go-to guy for rebuilding distributors these days?

Old 01-04-2019, 10:33 AM
dsan
User

Default So who's the go-to guy for rebuilding distributors these days?

Merry Christmas and Happy new year!!!!

I'm in the process of dropping the engine/trans over the winter for a clutch job (100k and no record of ever being changed) and a few minor leaks and seeps (valve covers, rear main, timing chain covers, ps pump. etc). Nothing that leaks enough to puddle on the floor but knowing that they're there is driving me crazy.
Anyway, I'd like to get the distributor rebuilt at the same time, again no record of being done. I'm a bit apprehensive of doing it myself and I'll have enough to do to keep myself busy. Who would be the go to guy to rebuild it? I searched on here and pelican and came up with a few names but every thread I found is over 5 years old. Also a google search found me a shop in Kansas City called RennsportKC which only has a few reviews but the ones they do have are good.

Any recommendations?

Dan
Old 01-04-2019, 10:43 AM
Silvertarga
User

I sent mine to SteveW, at Rennsport Systems, total rebuild was about $700, I would call him the go to guy for this, probably can get it done cheaper but not better
Old 01-04-2019, 10:49 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

+1 - Steve W did mine too.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:46 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dsan View Post
I'm a bit apprehensive of doing it myself
You shouldn't be; bearings and the correct (non-Gates) belt are both widely available and the rebuild itself is trivial. You don't even need to remove the secondary shaft when replacing the belt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: