Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seeking Rare Color 964 for trade....

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 10:59 AM
xgrudgex
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Seeking Rare Color 964 for trade....

I am looking to see if there are any c2/c4 coupe owners with the following colors?
ˇ Speed Yellow
ˇ Mint Green
ˇ Signal Green
ˇ Maritime Blue
ˇ Riviera Blue
ˇ Rubystone Red
I am very interested in adding one to my garage. I currently drive a 1991 C4 in Polar silver with rare Matador Red interior, and would be interested in a trade of some sort. I also have a 1988 BMW M5 and a 1991 E34 M5 that I would be willing to add into a trade for the right car. Just looking to discuss possibilities with any interested parties.
Thanks for your time, I look forward to speaking with you!
Chris
DM or email thecollectionspace@gmail.com

Old 11-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by xgrudgex
I am looking to see if there are any c2/c4 coupe owners with the following colors?
ˇ Speed Yellow
ˇ Mint Green
ˇ Signal Green
ˇ Maritime Blue
ˇ Riviera Blue
ˇ Rubystone Red
I am very interested in adding one to my garage. I currently drive a 1991 C4 in Polar silver with rare Matador Red interior, and would be interested in a trade of some sort. I also have a 1988 BMW M5 and a 1991 E34 M5 that I would be willing to add into a trade for the right car. Just looking to discuss possibilities with any interested parties.
Thanks for your time, I look forward to speaking with you!
Chris
DM or email thecollectionspace@gmail.com

Gorgeous
Old 11-17-2018, 01:03 PM
Ljuice10
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Love the color combo.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:05 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 543 Likes on 277 Posts

Love your choice in cars! Good luck.

Mr. Wolfe
Old 11-17-2018, 03:21 PM
Bigsix964
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

OT post, unless of course you’re interested in my Forest Green / Tan C4 Cab but I dig your e34! One of the best chassis ever produced. I’ve had a couple and miss them daily. Sold a Weiss S52’d 525 to make room for the 964. That S38 is the bees knees.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:03 PM
xgrudgex
Instructor

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I agree with you u7t2p7, it would be cheaper to wrap, but I can't imagine any of those colors with my interior, unless I want to have a superhero themed car!
Old 11-18-2018, 08:51 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,281 Likes on 1,349 Posts

Best luck finding one in the color you want. I have looked at countless 964's. In the past 15+ years I have seen one or two in each of those colors and some of them were either RS or ROW cup cars. Although the ROW market sees far more of these than in the US for some reason they weren't ordered often.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:51 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Best luck finding one in the color you want. I have looked at countless 964's. In the past 15+ years I have seen one or two in each of those colors and some of them were either RS or ROW cup cars. Although the ROW market sees far more of these than in the US for some reason they weren't ordered often.
They weren't ordered here because the system is different here; dealers here order cars then sell them, no one wants to get stuck with an "oddball" color. So everything here is either black, red, white or silver.

Meanwhile ROW cars are ordered by the buyer then delivered, you get to choose from a wider array of colors and options. Frankly, if I had to have a silver car I would MUCH prefer one with a red interior than black or(GAG) camel or linen.

Depending on your state's smog laws, you can try importing from Japan. The EU cars are much rougher mostly, than what we are used to here but the selection is phenomenal, prices are too.

No matter what, to get a unique color you are going to pay a major premium. And your car is really nice. Speedlines AND Cup 1s?

Last edited by misterbeverlyhills; 11-18-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:48 AM
xgrudgex
Instructor

Thanks for the input guys. I know I probably will have to sell everything and just wait for the right opportunity. I can't help but think that someone has one of these squirreled away that they don't drive because they look silly in it haha

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
Speedlines AND Cup 1s?
Thanks, the car is currently on 18" Rufs and the Cups are ion the shelf!

Old 11-19-2018, 09:06 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,281 Likes on 1,349 Posts

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
They weren't ordered here because the system is different here; dealers here order cars then sell them, no one wants to get stuck with an "oddball" color. So everything here is either black, red, white or silver.

Meanwhile ROW cars are ordered by the buyer then delivered, you get to choose from a wider array of colors and options. Frankly, if I had to have a silver car I would MUCH prefer one with a red interior than black or(GAG) camel or linen.

Depending on your state's smog laws, you can try importing from Japan. The EU cars are much rougher mostly, than what we are used to here but the selection is phenomenal, prices are too.

No matter what, to get a unique color you are going to pay a major premium. And your car is really nice. Speedlines AND Cup 1s?
I agree the dealers didn't want to get stuck with an oddball color although they were limited to the standard non metallic colors only and red black and white are always safe. I knew of a signal green that sat at the dealer forever because they weren't popular colors here at the time. Although the special order colors weren't common because either Porsche or PCNA required a contract and deposit from a customer and would build the car specifically for the customer. So that is why you see very few metallic colors in general. The other problem that the small square swatches on paper didn't give buyers a feel of the color so most people went with the colors that looked best on paper. Usually silver, midnight blue, amazon green were ordered as they stood out best in the brochure. Not having one on the floor to see in person hurt those colors. After the 964 they started charging for special order colors allowing the dealers to order them without a customer.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:32 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

How appropriate, it was Rare Shades East this past weekend! #rareshades #000magazine

Good luck Chris. At least you get to drive a stunning 964 while you sort through your collection plan.
I would have bought your car in a heartbeat if it was on the market while I was looking. LOVE your interior! Grass is always greener...
Love seeing pics of your car, more with the Rufs please.

Great posts MrBH & Cobalt. I remember those small brochure color swatches!

BTW, a friend just sold a Japanese Maritime Blue C2, DARK blue interior (mint condition, top 1% car) for serious, serious money.
Funny thing was, it was parked right next to a polar silver 964 RS, I'd take the RS all day, knowing what's under the skin...
Old 11-19-2018, 10:10 AM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
How appropriate, it was Rare Shades East this past weekend! #rareshades #000magazine

BTW, a friend just sold a Japanese Maritime Blue C2, DARK blue interior (mint condition, top 1% car) for serious, serious money.
Funny thing was, it was parked right next to a polar silver 964 RS, I'd take the RS all day, knowing what's under the skin...
In a rs, suddenly, silver is the new mint green!
Old 11-20-2018, 04:48 PM
xgrudgex
Instructor

It was always crazy to me that colors such as Polar Silver were "special order" and the crazy colors are standard.

I purchased this car particularly for the color combo. I got impatient waiting for a bright color and decided to do a bright interior instead!

Just wanted to keep my eyes open! There has to be some floating around in the states!
Old 11-20-2018, 04:55 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 543 Likes on 277 Posts

I am going to Autoflex my car in the spring. Peelable paint so you can keep your original paint and change colors every few years if you get bored.
https://www.instagram.com/autoflexcoatings/?hl=en

Here is Miami Blue in Autoflex:

And here is the purple I think I am going to do:

Good luck with whatever you decide! I too have a silver 964 (WB).

Mr. Wolfe
Old 11-20-2018, 07:06 PM
Sirenty
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 188 Posts

That Autoflex looks interesting. I’m also debating a temporary color change on my Polar and that may be the way to go.

Quick Reply: Seeking Rare Color 964 for trade....