Seeking Rare Color 964 for trade.... - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seeking Rare Color 964 for trade....

 
Old 11-17-2018, 11:59 AM
  #1  
xgrudgex
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 55
Default Seeking Rare Color 964 for trade....

I am looking to see if there are any c2/c4 coupe owners with the following colors?
· Speed Yellow
· Mint Green
· Signal Green
· Maritime Blue
· Riviera Blue
· Rubystone Red
I am very interested in adding one to my garage. I currently drive a 1991 C4 in Polar silver with rare Matador Red interior, and would be interested in a trade of some sort. I also have a 1988 BMW M5 and a 1991 E34 M5 that I would be willing to add into a trade for the right car. Just looking to discuss possibilities with any interested parties.
Thanks for your time, I look forward to speaking with you!
Chris
DM or email [email protected]






xgrudgex is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 12:47 PM
  #2  
Bobby 911
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 425
Default

Originally Posted by xgrudgex View Post
I am looking to see if there are any c2/c4 coupe owners with the following colors?
· Speed Yellow
· Mint Green
· Signal Green
· Maritime Blue
· Riviera Blue
· Rubystone Red
I am very interested in adding one to my garage. I currently drive a 1991 C4 in Polar silver with rare Matador Red interior, and would be interested in a trade of some sort. I also have a 1988 BMW M5 and a 1991 E34 M5 that I would be willing to add into a trade for the right car. Just looking to discuss possibilities with any interested parties.
Thanks for your time, I look forward to speaking with you!
Chris
DM or email [email protected]



Gorgeous
Bobby 911 is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 02:03 PM
  #3  
Ljuice10
User
 
Ljuice10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 57
Default

Love the color combo.
Ljuice10 is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 02:05 PM
  #4  
Greg Wolfe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Greg Wolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: North of Pittsburgh
Posts: 251
Default

Love your choice in cars! Good luck.

Mr. Wolfe
Greg Wolfe is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 04:21 PM
  #5  
Bigsix964
User
 
Bigsix964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: NYC Area
Posts: 33
Default

OT post, unless of course you’re interested in my Forest Green / Tan C4 Cab but I dig your e34! One of the best chassis ever produced. I’ve had a couple and miss them daily. Sold a Weiss S52’d 525 to make room for the 964. That S38 is the bees knees.

Bigsix964 is online now  
Old 11-17-2018, 06:21 PM
  #6  
u7t2p7
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,834
Default

Better off and cheaper to wrap your car than locating one of those colors. Or find a tired example and repaint/refresh.
u7t2p7 is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 09:03 PM
  #7  
xgrudgex
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 55
Default

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I agree with you u7t2p7, it would be cheaper to wrap, but I can't imagine any of those colors with my interior, unless I want to have a superhero themed car!
xgrudgex is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 09:51 AM
  #8  
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 16,989
Default

Best luck finding one in the color you want. I have looked at countless 964's. In the past 15+ years I have seen one or two in each of those colors and some of them were either RS or ROW cup cars. Although the ROW market sees far more of these than in the US for some reason they weren't ordered often.
cobalt is online now  
Old 11-18-2018, 08:51 PM
  #9  
misterbeverlyhills
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
misterbeverlyhills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 516
Default

Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
Best luck finding one in the color you want. I have looked at countless 964's. In the past 15+ years I have seen one or two in each of those colors and some of them were either RS or ROW cup cars. Although the ROW market sees far more of these than in the US for some reason they weren't ordered often.
They weren't ordered here because the system is different here; dealers here order cars then sell them, no one wants to get stuck with an "oddball" color. So everything here is either black, red, white or silver.

Meanwhile ROW cars are ordered by the buyer then delivered, you get to choose from a wider array of colors and options. Frankly, if I had to have a silver car I would MUCH prefer one with a red interior than black or(GAG) camel or linen.

Depending on your state's smog laws, you can try importing from Japan. The EU cars are much rougher mostly, than what we are used to here but the selection is phenomenal, prices are too.

No matter what, to get a unique color you are going to pay a major premium. And your car is really nice. Speedlines AND Cup 1s?

Last edited by misterbeverlyhills; 11-18-2018 at 09:16 PM.
misterbeverlyhills is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 07:48 AM
  #10  
xgrudgex
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 55
Default

Thanks for the input guys. I know I probably will have to sell everything and just wait for the right opportunity. I can't help but think that someone has one of these squirreled away that they don't drive because they look silly in it haha

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills View Post
Speedlines AND Cup 1s?
Thanks, the car is currently on 18" Rufs and the Cups are ion the shelf!

xgrudgex is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 10:06 AM
  #11  
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 16,989
Default

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills View Post
They weren't ordered here because the system is different here; dealers here order cars then sell them, no one wants to get stuck with an "oddball" color. So everything here is either black, red, white or silver.

Meanwhile ROW cars are ordered by the buyer then delivered, you get to choose from a wider array of colors and options. Frankly, if I had to have a silver car I would MUCH prefer one with a red interior than black or(GAG) camel or linen.

Depending on your state's smog laws, you can try importing from Japan. The EU cars are much rougher mostly, than what we are used to here but the selection is phenomenal, prices are too.

No matter what, to get a unique color you are going to pay a major premium. And your car is really nice. Speedlines AND Cup 1s?
I agree the dealers didn't want to get stuck with an oddball color although they were limited to the standard non metallic colors only and red black and white are always safe. I knew of a signal green that sat at the dealer forever because they weren't popular colors here at the time. Although the special order colors weren't common because either Porsche or PCNA required a contract and deposit from a customer and would build the car specifically for the customer. So that is why you see very few metallic colors in general. The other problem that the small square swatches on paper didn't give buyers a feel of the color so most people went with the colors that looked best on paper. Usually silver, midnight blue, amazon green were ordered as they stood out best in the brochure. Not having one on the floor to see in person hurt those colors. After the 964 they started charging for special order colors allowing the dealers to order them without a customer.
cobalt is online now  
Old 11-19-2018, 10:32 AM
  #12  
911Jetta
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
911Jetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 6,336
Default

How appropriate, it was Rare Shades East this past weekend! #rareshades #000magazine

Good luck Chris. At least you get to drive a stunning 964 while you sort through your collection plan.
I would have bought your car in a heartbeat if it was on the market while I was looking. LOVE your interior! Grass is always greener...
Love seeing pics of your car, more with the Rufs please.

Great posts MrBH & Cobalt. I remember those small brochure color swatches!

BTW, a friend just sold a Japanese Maritime Blue C2, DARK blue interior (mint condition, top 1% car) for serious, serious money.
Funny thing was, it was parked right next to a polar silver 964 RS, I'd take the RS all day, knowing what's under the skin...
911Jetta is online now  
Old 11-19-2018, 11:10 AM
  #13  
misterbeverlyhills
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
misterbeverlyhills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 516
Default

Originally Posted by 911Jetta View Post
How appropriate, it was Rare Shades East this past weekend! #rareshades #000magazine

BTW, a friend just sold a Japanese Maritime Blue C2, DARK blue interior (mint condition, top 1% car) for serious, serious money.
Funny thing was, it was parked right next to a polar silver 964 RS, I'd take the RS all day, knowing what's under the skin...
In a rs, suddenly, silver is the new mint green!
misterbeverlyhills is offline  
Old 11-20-2018, 05:48 PM
  #14  
xgrudgex
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 55
Default

It was always crazy to me that colors such as Polar Silver were "special order" and the crazy colors are standard.

I purchased this car particularly for the color combo. I got impatient waiting for a bright color and decided to do a bright interior instead!

Just wanted to keep my eyes open! There has to be some floating around in the states!
xgrudgex is offline  
Old 11-20-2018, 05:55 PM
  #15  
Greg Wolfe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Greg Wolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: North of Pittsburgh
Posts: 251
Default

I am going to Autoflex my car in the spring. Peelable paint so you can keep your original paint and change colors every few years if you get bored.
https://www.instagram.com/autoflexcoatings/?hl=en

Here is Miami Blue in Autoflex:


And here is the purple I think I am going to do:


Good luck with whatever you decide! I too have a silver 964 (WB).

Mr. Wolfe
Greg Wolfe is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: