Sponsored by:

964 Cab OUTLAW BUILD

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 09:53 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 964 Cab OUTLAW BUILD

Ok so I wasn't really wanting to buy a Cab lol but for what I paid for this 91 C4 5 speed with 63k original miles I couldn't resist. It left me with tons of $ for wonderful upgrades I figured that if Chief Porsche Designer Michael Maurer could do it why couldn't I....

His

Now where to begin on mine ....

1. Air flow....Max flow headers,single maxflo performance muffler, Euro pre-muffler catback bypass, Cup airbox, DM chip, Heater Duct Bypass.

2. Weight....RS Door panels, RS Carpet, front trunk carpet delete (already done) factory steering wheel has to go aka airbag delete to include passenger side, odyssey battery swap "DONE", rear seat delete, lighter wheels "DONE".

3. Suspension... undecided

dropped off car today for some paint work, having the hood/rear deck & wing/ headlight rings painted flat black also picked up my BBS's 17" today from powdercoat company Damn they look great!

*PLEASE EVERYONE HELP ME SPEND MY $$ LOL* ALL SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED!

Wheels are done baby

Last edited by OTLWCAB; 07-28-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:03 PM
Jmw1234
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Valve guides

Cylinder head work

replace all bushings

motor mounts

short shifter.

Ditch the ac
Old 07-27-2018, 10:31 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jmw1234
Valve guides

Cylinder head work

replace all bushings

motor mounts

short shifter.

Ditch the ac
All great suggestions, but I was under the impression that we couldn't install a short shift in a C4 bro
Old 07-27-2018, 10:56 PM
Jmw1234
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by OTLWCAB
All great suggestions, but I was under the impression that we couldn't install a short shift in a C4 bro

im a c2 guy so 😐 about c4 short shifter swaptions

u can always take the bumper bars and supports out and save 40 lbs

Also headlight upgrade too
Old 07-28-2018, 02:17 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

GT3 seats in tan (there was a set in the classifieds). Rear seat delete. Cocomats. Function first **** (do they fit a 964 C4?). Lower dash delete. Maybe a momo wheel with tan leather. Interior is key on a cab because you see it so much more with the top down. Do you have the boot for the top?
Old 07-28-2018, 01:31 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jmw1234

im a c2 guy so 😐 about c4 short shifter swaptions

u can always take the bumper bars and supports out and save 40 lbs

Also headlight upgrade too
wow I never new one could delete the bumper bars on a 964!

Thanks
JR
Old 07-28-2018, 01:50 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by evilfij
GT3 seats in tan (there was a set in the classifieds). Rear seat delete. Cocomats. Function first **** (do they fit a 964 C4?). Lower dash delete. Maybe a momo wheel with tan leather. Interior is key on a cab because you see it so much more with the top down. Do you have the boot for the top?

thanks for the heads up on the seats, tempting but with some many other performance upgrades needed I'm not sure about spending 4k on seats just yet! Function 1st extended **** ordered a few min ago thanks amigo. I will be deleting the lower dash and all airbags, Momo steering wheel was purchased for my 80 sc but need the adapter for the 964. I will be removing the original carpet and replacing it with RS Perlon carpeting and will remove all glue/sound dampening from floor boards. I'm also tempted to remove the cab top,rear motors and install a D. Morris CF hard top w/ Polycarbonate windows, great weight savings compared to the cab components! I know what your thinking lol why did I purchase a cab if I was going to convert it to a coupe? Well because I purchased the car for 34K and a coupe w/63k miles would have cost me 20K+ more lol but again I'm not sure ill be doing that, I may just enjoy the car for a few years and replace it with a c2 coupe down the road.

Last edited by OTLWCAB; 07-30-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:38 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

Those wheels look great! First thing I'd be doing is installing a roll bar! I'm to scared to go in a car with no roof lol
Old 07-29-2018, 06:28 PM
SRM11
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Beauty cab! I saw you post in the '964 prices' thread and noticed you were in WA - I just purchase a 964 C2 cab myself I'm in BC but spend a lot of time hitting the curvy roads around mount Baker.

Looking forward to your build thread, and the paint plans sound awesome. I did a handful of things to mine within the first week of ownership, but I promised myself I wouldn't completely rip it apart until after the summer. I'm against the grain .. I prefer Cabs, and drive it every chance I can until the 6 month rainy season we have!
Old 07-29-2018, 10:46 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 138 Posts

Welcome! I would consider wrapping your matte black body parts.

The matte black headlight rings in the pic above are Euro H4's without the painted trim rings on them, they come that come that way, notice the lack of screw covers.

Best advice I would give is to take your time and do it right once, you got a good deal, make the most of it!
Old 07-30-2018, 10:06 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Thanks for posting over here OTLWCAB also. You can't go wrong following Michael Maurer's lead!
Can't wait to see how the wheels look.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:41 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dingo
Those wheels look great! First thing I'd be doing is installing a roll bar! I'm to scared to go in a car with no roof lol
LOL THANKS AND WILL DO AT SOME POINT.

JR
Old 07-30-2018, 01:45 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SRM11
Beauty cab! I saw you post in the '964 prices' thread and noticed you were in WA - I just purchase a 964 C2 cab myself I'm in BC but spend a lot of time hitting the curvy roads around mount Baker.

Looking forward to your build thread, and the paint plans sound awesome. I did a handful of things to mine within the first week of ownership, but I promised myself I wouldn't completely rip it apart until after the summer. I'm against the grain .. I prefer Cabs, and drive it every chance I can until the 6 month rainy season we have!
Thanks SRM11, the last cab I owned was a 95 993 C2 and it was definitely a sweet ride.

Last edited by OTLWCAB; 07-30-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:46 PM
salty87
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice, I'm partial to red cabs as well. Your wheels look fantastic!

The black top is kind of a commanding feature visually. Might as well embrace it. I've got similar plans. This is one of my first steps...

Adding black air ducts to the bumper and swapping out the hood badge for a black one when time permits. The black hood wrap is tempting. PO got a little heavy handed with a polisher or buffer in a spot.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:51 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vegas993
Welcome! I would consider wrapping your matte black body parts.

The matte black headlight rings in the pic above are Euro H4's without the painted trim rings on them, they come that come that way, notice the lack of screw covers.

Best advice I would give is to take your time and do it right once, you got a good deal, make the most of it!
I considered vinyl wrapping but decided on painting, its just looks so much cleaner IMO. I didn't realize they were H4's....such a cleaner look, i'll definitely take my time lol it's been tough not being so impulsive!

Jr

Quick Reply: 964 Cab OUTLAW BUILD