Sponsored by:

964 Cab OUTLAW BUILD

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 01:55 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salty87
Nice, I'm partial to red cabs as well. Your wheels look fantastic!

The black top is kind of a commanding feature visually. Might as well embrace it. I've got similar plans. This is one of my first steps...

Adding black air ducts to the bumper and swapping out the hood badge for a black one when time permits. The black hood wrap is tempting. PO got a little heavy handed with a polisher or buffer in a spot.
wow the lights look amazing! I was considering the air ducts myself, please send me pics once yours is done bro oh and your car looks great!!

Jr
Old 07-30-2018, 01:57 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Thanks for posting over here OTLWCAB also. You can't go wrong following Michael Maurer's lead!
Can't wait to see how the wheels look.
agreed lol and thanks bro
Jr
Old 07-30-2018, 03:15 PM
SRM11
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OTLWCAB
Thanks SRM11, the last cab I owned was a 95 993 C2 and it was definitely a sweat ride.
Sweat ride is right! I took the kids out for an ice cream yesterday and we were sweating by the time we got to the store. Too hot to drive in traffic

Make sure you post some pics of the wheels when they are on, that will make a massive difference over the D90s. I'm on Cup 1's but waiting for my Rotiforms to be built.. just hope they are here before the end of summer!
Old 07-30-2018, 03:32 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SRM11
Sweat ride is right! I took the kids out for an ice cream yesterday and we were sweating by the time we got to the store. Too hot to drive in traffic

Make sure you post some pics of the wheels when they are on, that will make a massive difference over the D90s. I'm on Cup 1's but waiting for my Rotiforms to be built.. just hope they are here before the end of summer!
lol correction made on prev post "sweet" lol
Old 07-30-2018, 03:38 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jmw1234

im a c2 guy so 😐 about c4 short shifter swaptions

u can always take the bumper bars and supports out and save 40 lbs

Also headlight upgrade too
I can't find any info on removing the bumper bars and supports bro?
Old 07-31-2018, 04:19 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Rear cyclops deleted.....all parts sanded and ready for paint! Unfortunately my stock wing has small crack on top left corner. The body shop tells me that they can't guarantee it won't crack again after repair because they can't access the underside to be able to reinforce it. So WTB OEM rear wing if anyone has one sitting around.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:15 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by OTLWCAB
...Unfortunately my stock wing has small crack on top left corner. The body shop tells me that they can't guarantee it won't crack again after repair because they can't access the underside to be able to reinforce it. So WTB OEM rear wing if anyone has one sitting around.
It's a common problem...
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...rack-here.html

Old 08-02-2018, 12:31 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

I have been working on my 964 Cab for some time and it has changed significantly from when I first brought the car home. As my wife says " It use to be a nice car". I have changed so much on the car that I need to make a list of everything that I have done. Biggest changes are in body weight and the addition of a Varioram and Motec 84. Added a lot of fiberglass including the top - Need to make a list of everything that I have done to the car sometime - If I do I'll post -
Old 08-02-2018, 01:11 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gus

I have been working on my 964 Cab for some time and it has changed significantly from when I first brought the car home. As my wife says " It use to be a nice car". I have changed so much on the car that I need to make a list of everything that I have done. Biggest changes are in body weight and the addition of a Varioram and Motec 84. Added a lot of fiberglass including the top - Need to make a list of everything that I have done to the car sometime - If I do I'll post -
Sweet car my friend! Is that a D. Morris Top? If so how long have you had it, and how do you like it?

JR
Old 08-02-2018, 01:47 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

NO - Not a D. Morris top.- I obtained the top from a gentleman that built them in the mid to late 90's - He only built a limited number in his small shop. When I finally found him ( after a 4 year search) He only had 1 left and said it was made ofr his 964 - but he had sold the car and let me have it. Sad tell though as in shipping TOP was crushed when aforklift backed into the container. I rebuilt and fitted in process. It is just the basic outer shell NO interior goodies as with D Morris. Go or bad the top weights 17 lbs vs. the removed cab top which with hardware came in over 180 lbs. I first wanted to be able to remove the top and install the cab top during the warm and cool season - but gave up on that once I got into seeing the hassles of doing so. So now my plans are to do a little mini cab top - along the Speedster lines that is easy to mount. The top it self pops on and off with just 12 bolts/nuts and is easy to handle by hand - just large. It has Lexan windows, side and back that I cut and made to fit in the frame. I first used the stock rubber seals but changed to small screws to anchor.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:14 PM
Santa Cruz Red
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default ... thanks for the inspiration!

Old 08-03-2018, 08:35 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Progress! 🤪

Old 08-04-2018, 04:18 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Looking at that video, the key seems to be reinforcement. Has anyone tried the hot staple repair method?
Old 08-06-2018, 04:41 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

View this post on Instagram

Almost finished 🤪

Old 08-06-2018, 09:08 PM
OTLWCAB
Intermediate

Quick Reply: 964 Cab OUTLAW BUILD