Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Suitcase Stuck/Blower Motor Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 01:56 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,847 Likes on 1,124 Posts

when I had my 89 filled w/ R12 that's exactly how they did it.
put the 30lb R12 on a scale and filled 'er up to spec. At $125/lb lol.
Old style vacuum and manifold gauges, the manual way.
The auto snap on machines are awesome, they recover the old stuff, separate any oil that comes out, pull vacuum, test leakage, insert oil, charge to spec.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:29 PM
mystert
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I think I may have found the problem! I pulled the kick panels off and felt the heat pipes underneath. The passenger side is cool and the drivers side is hot as can be! Now to do some research on these valves in the rear. I took the tire off and banged it with the hammer and it’s still warm. I’m going to disconnect the orange hose and see what happens. Everything is new on the system and the pressures are finally pretty decent. This has to be the problem!
Old 07-29-2018, 03:16 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

When the mixing flaps in the suitcase open the warmed air passes through the atmospheric diverters (flapper valves) in the rear wheel wells. Either your left side mixing flap servo isn’t working or the linkage needs adjustment so the servo motor can fully close the mixing flap.
When the flap is sealed (fully closed) then the air from the heat exchangers is dumped by the flapper in the rear (so long as the flapper is free to move)

Last edited by 540964; 07-29-2018 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-29-2018, 03:22 PM
mystert
Rennlist Member

So I just removed the drivers side rear flapper assembly and its loose and flappy. I removed the drivers side servo under the hood and lengthened the rod by two turns to preload the door a little and snapped it back on. I thought I had set them properly when I had it all removed. I am going to take her out for a spin in a bit, I am going to drive it with the orange tube unhooked on the valve and see what happens. Another observation, I have a little sweat on the metal fitting of the refrigerant return line to the compressor. Not on the rubber but only the metal part. Lastly Ive had the car running with ac on max in the driveway for while and I have no visible condensation dripping.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:42 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,847 Likes on 1,124 Posts

When running the ac, the vent temps. What is the drive window side vs the passenger window side?
when my valve stuck on passenger side it was blowing much warmer
when temp is set to cold, you should be getting lots of heat in the rear wheel wells
turn heat up and you should get much less and feel even heat on left and right sides
basically you want the suitcase servo flapper to fully close so you are keeping heat in the wheel wells.
All this is easy to check

re condensation, it’s been pretty dry here... you cleaned up the drain right?

Old 07-30-2018, 04:34 PM
mystert
Rennlist Member

Time to close the thread! With the heat flapper valve disconnected in the rear, and a proper charge from a shop, They said they got it to 47F in their shop, in the 5 minute drive back to work it was down to 52F. They said the high pressure goes high until the fan kicks on up front. Im guessing thats correct but it is almost as cold as my Tacoma. I am stoked that this is finally put to bed after 2 years of messing with it.

Quick Reply: AC Suitcase Stuck/Blower Motor Wiring