My 964 RS - so red and shiny!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 01:10 PM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 447 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by DK7
Amazing!!
Can you share some driving impressions too?
Post 17 here :

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...s-4-0-a-2.html

And if pictures are your thing check out posts 33 and 44 here :

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...-advice-3.html

Old 04-15-2018, 12:19 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Atgani
Post 17 here :

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...s-4-0-a-2.html

And if pictures are your thing check out posts 33 and 44 here :

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...-advice-3.html

While I haven’t had the pleasure of driving an RS I can say that much of that same experience translates across the entire range of 964’s. These cars are also very addictive, I can’t put my finger on it exactly but they are definitely captivating.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:39 AM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 447 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue

While I haven’t had the pleasure of driving an RS I can say that much of that same experience translates across the entire range of 964’s. These cars are also very addictive, I can’t put my finger on it exactly but they are definitely captivating.
Whilst the cars all same the same basic DNA, no standard C2 or C4 I've driven has felt anything like an RS .... that's akin to saying a 996 C2 feels like 996 GT3, and whilst there maybe some basic similarities between a C2 and 964 RS, items such as the non-PAS rack, stiffer engine mounts, lightweight flywheel, spherical bearing suspension top mounts etc, all meld to produce a far more focused, raw and visceral experience that's considerably more tactile and engaging than the C2 with its power assisted steering, dual mass flywheel, and rubber laden top mounts.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:17 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Whilst the cars all same the same basic DNA, no standard C2 or C4 I've driven has felt anything like an RS .... that's akin to saying a 996 C2 feels like 996 GT3, and whilst there maybe some basic similarities between a C2 and 964 RS, items such as the non-PAS rack, stiffer engine mounts, lightweight flywheel, spherical bearing suspension top mounts etc, all meld to produce a far more focused, raw and visceral experience that's considerably more tactile and engaging than the C2 with its power assisted steering, dual mass flywheel, and rubber laden top mounts.
Yeah my post was definitely a bit over enthusiastic regarding the non RS 964’s, having experienced a couple of GT cars I realize the difference should be dramatic. I guess my point is that I can relate to much of what is written. Probably best that I don’t try an RS otherwise I’ll want one.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:19 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Agreed in stock form but these are common changes many make to their 964's. I would expect the seam welded tub is one of the harder things to achieve without major interior work which would contribute to the improved handling. I have done everything to my C2 mentioned except the seam weld and non-PAS and it transformed it tremendously. My track car goes beyond the RS trying to emulate more of the 3.8RS/RSR and it is amazing how much the ride is transformed beyond my C2. The precision in turn in and point and shoot feel vs waiting for the suspension flex to catch up is undeniable but they do all carry that 964 DNA.

Quick Reply: My 964 RS - so red and shiny!