Re-Spray

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 07:11 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,829 Likes on 2,389 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM

After a few years on the dating scene, we come to realise we have a ‘type’ that attracts us. No logic to it, it’s just the way it is. Cars are the same. I’m a driver, committed DIYer and would rather fix than pay $$$ up front. With six Porsche purchases under my belt I’ve been bitten to varying degrees each time on older cars, because I buy thinking this time it is going to be diffferent:

All cars age whether they are driven or not, sometimes the low mileage cars are the worst for deferred maintenance.
Driven cars have accidents, whether it’s dents in the supermarket parking lot or on-road accidents. It’s how severe the accident was and how it was repaired that makes the difference. BTW As much as I love Silver 964s, they are the worst to drive with good paint as panel matching for stone chips is a nightmare.
Buy on overall condition. When you were 20, you could reasonably limit yourself to dating women that met your strict standards. Try that on the pool of women in their late forties (like 964s with 25 plus years wear and tear) and see how far it gets you. You want the best match for your needs. Searching for the perfect car may mean you never own one.

the man knows his women....

Quick Reply: Re-Spray