Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Jim Howley
Thanks everyone for their responses.

One of the two 'pegs' at the base has been snapped off and a friend is currently trying to drill and fix a new one into position to see if that will hold. it is never going to be as solid as before but if it's strong enough it saves me the cost of a wing mirror for the moment.

Does anyone know if the base plate has a rubber seal around it as if there was one there I couldn't see it on the pavement anywhere.

Thanks again.
Yes, there's a rubber pad between the mirror and the doorskin.

Cheers
Old 12-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yup on the rubber base gasket.

What a bummer, that would really tick me off to find my rocket in that condition.

You shouldn't have to remove the door panel...everything is accessible from the exterior of the car.

If you are going to replace the mirror, get one that's already the color of your 964 and just use the base, that is if the body of your original is still good...that way the match will be perfect, hopefully the base is close and you'll have both of your "pegs" bag in order. Are the circles that are in the door panel to mount the mirror still okay or are the two that accept the "pegs" bent up and out?? Get that straightened out first thing.

As for wiring, if you are going for a replacement mirror, just cut the wiring a couple inches from the base of your original and splice in, put a plug in, etc.

Let us know what route you're going to take and we'll be here to help.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:02 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff,

To say I was angry is an understatement. I was on my way home from a night out when we walked past it and at first I simply put it down to one of those things but the more I thought about it the more it pi$$ed me off. Later on I found myself sitting there in front of the TV and suddenly remembering what had happened before randomly picking some expletive to break the silence with.

By the looks of things there is no sign of the rubber seal so does anyone know if these can be bought seperately?

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:03 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The rubber base gaskets can be bought separately - from the dealer...maybe ~ 2 Euros??

What is the "going" conversion rate to USD anyway?
Old 12-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As of 16:25 UK time the rate was 1 USD = 0.828802 EUR

Quick Reply: Grrrrr !!! (And wing mirror)