Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Glacier blue 3 liter turbo '89 FS:

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 02:27 AM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Glacier blue 3 liter turbo '89 FS:

Not mine but a friend of mine, he's honest about condition. It's a very rare color 1989 3 liter turbo fs:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5979652961.html
Old 02-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Looks like a great build sheet.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:33 PM
968gene
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 30 Posts

"stops very efficiently"

Old 10-05-2017, 07:57 PM
Ananda
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boost feen
Not mine but a friend of mine, he's honest about condition. It's a very rare color 1989 3 liter turbo fs:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5979652961.html

hello, I saw that ad on Craigslist and was curious. I don't know porsches much at all but have been looking for a very cool daily driver. There wasn't a lot of info on the ad other than the build which looks racy but since I am pretty clueless, was wondering what your take on that car is. I don't have a convenient place to work on a car but am willing to do minor maintenance. Do you think this car is too hardcore for daily use? I asked the seller but didn't get a reply.
Thanks in advance for any answers.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:33 PM
PaulD_944S2
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Current link:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto...310378117.html
Old 10-05-2017, 11:55 PM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

If you haven't ever owned a 944 turbo then this prob isn't the right car for you! Although if you have had a 944 turbo then this is what you want a 3 liter has much more bottom end tq and response than a 2.5. Big difference in street able power. very nice looking car in glacier blue however it is a modified Porsche so if your a fussy individual you will never be happy with this car as in all modified cars.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:51 AM
Ananda
4th Gear

If you haven't ever owned a 944 turbo then this prob isn't the right car for you! Although if you have had a 944 turbo then this is what you want a 3 liter has much more bottom end tq and response than a 2.5. Big difference in street able power. very nice looking car in glacier blue however it is a modified Porsche so if your a fussy individual you will never be happy with this car as in all modified cars.
Not sure if I am fussy, it is highly possible but I don't mind the idea of a modified car. I guess I am curious whether this build comes together coherently and relatively reliably or is it a bit of a beast that needs more of a lion tamer (experienced Porsche wrencher) to keep it happy compared to a stock 951 (unless you meant all 951s). My current car is a Bertone X1/9 which does need an alert and handy owner but so far, with the help of a good forum, it has been manageable; although any job can be a pain when doing it on a sloping city street which is my "garage."
My last car had a hard suspension and and was murder on these Oakland roads, so I guess I am looking for something that could soak up the potholes a little better, be fun, and be a good highway cruiser as well. Also the 944/951 look really cool to me. One of these days I am aiming to get some hpde and track time but it would be few and far between. Mostly looking for a fun all around good car with a healthy dose of coolness.
Thanks again
Old 10-06-2017, 10:44 AM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

The suspension is mostly stock I believe the koni struts and stock sport springs give it just a tiny bump in handling and longevity over the very mild Sachs non sport suspension. It's lowered just a touch but not aggressive at all so good street suspension.
nice wheels and tire combo, lsd turbo trans gives you great traction especially for higher ho cars driven aggressively stops wheel spin and gives better cornering feel.

The year 1989 very late model 944 the color and modified 3 liter turbo option really are all huge pluses over any other turbo. I really can't believe he hasn't had more interest as he has been trying to sell on and off for 6 months and only had 1 person come look. A lot of Internet tire kickers but I guess the 944 is a bit of a older car that very few people are looking for! Good luck and if you want to come look at it and take a test drive the owner Scott is very nice and wouldn't mind at all to schedule a time with you!
Old 10-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

The suspension is mostly stock I believe the koni struts and stock sport springs give it just a tiny bump in handling and longevity over the very mild Sachs non sport suspension. It's lowered just a touch but not aggressive at all so good street suspension.
nice wheels and tire combo, lsd turbo trans gives you great traction especially for higher ho cars driven aggressively stops wheel spin and gives better cornering feel.

The year 1989 very late model 944 the color and modified 3 liter turbo option really are all huge pluses over any other turbo. I really can't believe he hasn't had more interest as he has been trying to sell on and off for 6 months and only had 1 person come look. A lot of Internet tire kickers but I guess the 944 is a bit of a older car that very few people are looking for! Good luck and if you want to come look at it and take a test drive the owner Scott is very nice and wouldn't mind at all to schedule a time with you!

Looks like a great car/build. It just needs a new owner who doesn't live in CA.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Ananda
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Looks like a great car/build. It just needs a new owner who doesn't live in CA.

Went an and saw the car this morning. Seems like a great car for someone with some Porsche experience and the desire to give it a little love. I would say it is beyond my scope to stable such a horse. Glad it is front engined, otherwise it may have done a wheelie when boost kicked in.
Scott is a great guy who knows his stuff, I hope he finds a buyer.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Ananda
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Ananda
Went an and saw the car this morning. Seems like a great car for someone with some Porsche experience and the desire to give it a little love. I would say it is beyond my scope to stable such a horse. Glad it is front engined, otherwise it may have done a wheelie when boost kicked in.
Scott is a great guy who knows his stuff, I hope he finds a buyer.
he said he has smogged it a few times no problem here in Cali.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:38 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

is not worth 14k sorry

Last edited by lart951; 10-08-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
it not worth 14k sorry
Maybe to you. However there is a lot of work in that car on a good 89 shell. You just want it and want to push him to drop the price for you. I know your reaper ways. I wish I saved my $ and just bought it, instead I pieced mine together (still not done) at four times the cost. With some items supplied from you, thank you for those by the way,

Quick Reply: Glacier blue 3 liter turbo '89 FS: