Hadn't realized Fikse do a Fuchs Replica

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017 | 12:09 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 665 Likes on 518 Posts

gotcha.
being someone who couldnt give two s***s about originality, i actually prefer the "edge" of the EMPI of the two photos you shared

Old 01-04-2017 | 12:40 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

The Fikse wheels were originally a Zuffenhaus project, 6 or 7 years ago. I don't know the details but needless to say project moved under Fikse. (I think Fikse was the supplier from the start).

Originally Posted by MAGK944
Correct, LR used the center from a 6x16in Fuchs and added a bigger rim to make their 17in P2 Fuchs wheel, they didn't look too bad.
Works for some, but the added stress on an already old wheel is questionable.

Originally Posted by MAGK944
The EMPI 17in is a new casting and where the center meets the rim there is almost a 90deg angle which looks odd especially with a lower profile tire fitted, maybe it's just me.
Originally Posted by V2Rocket
i actually prefer the "edge" of the EMPI of the two photos you shared
The EMPI (Cip1) is styled with the proportions of the original 14" wheel, which is why it has a flat lip. Of course the lip is bigger than any original, and the petals extend over the edge more than the original.

Even TireRack has jumped on the bandwagon now - they offer Fuchs replicas in 16 and 18", as well as replicas of the 997 19" Fuchs. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/starke-design-wheels.jsp Made in guess where, quality is surely debatable.

FWIW, this is an old thread and needs to be updated. But it is relevant.

https://rennlist.com/forums/wheel-an...hs-repros.html

Quick Reply: Hadn't realized Fikse do a Fuchs Replica