Ealokens Porshe 951 - Page 24 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Ealokens Porshe 951

Old 06-19-2018, 05:08 AM
  #346  
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Voith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 6,290
Default

Nice progress, can't wait to see end result.
Voith is offline  
Old 06-19-2018, 07:35 AM
  #347  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 854
Default

Originally Posted by Voith View Post
Nice progress, can't wait to see end result.

thanks, hoping to dyno in July.
ealoken is offline  
Old 06-19-2018, 05:54 PM
  #348  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 854
Default

Kw3 and 996gt discs and 996TT calipers mounted


ealoken is offline  
Old 06-21-2018, 07:14 AM
  #349  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 854
Default

Transmission done rebuild, new bearings, re shimmed and a Quaife diff.
Cant wait to test this one.

ealoken is offline  
Old 06-21-2018, 09:10 AM
  #350  
Noahs944
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Noahs944's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,944
Default

Very nice toys! I'd love that tranny.
This cars going to be insane!
Noahs944 is offline  
Old 06-21-2018, 09:11 AM
  #351  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 854
Default

Originally Posted by Noahs944 View Post
Very nice toys! I'd love that tranny.
This cars going to be insane!

I hope so slowly getting there, but i have to say, without all the help from my friends, i would never complete the build.
ealoken is offline  
Old 06-21-2018, 10:23 AM
  #352  
951and944S
Super User
 
951and944S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: New Orleans/Baton Rouge
Posts: 3,046
Default

So they totally assembled your transmission, complete with shifter mechanism, , reverse light switch and even inserted mount bolts ready for install and then realized you need to split the gear cluster from the diff housing to install the ring gear/diff....?

This doesn't make any sense at all.

T
951and944S is offline  
Old 06-21-2018, 10:26 AM
  #353  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 854
Default

Originally Posted by 951and944S View Post
So they totally assembled your transmission, complete with shifter mechanism, , reverse light switch and even inserted mount bolts ready for install and then realized you need to split the gear cluster from the diff housing to install the ring gear/diff....?

This doesn't make any sense at all.

T


Yes, i delivered one S2 Gb and one 951 in parts, was some extra job for him.

But the gearbox is 100% done now.
ealoken is offline  
Old 07-19-2018, 04:02 PM
  #354  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 854
Default

Gearbox cooling done.
2x coolers, 0.8L more oil than oem.
going to use omega 690w 75w-90




ealoken is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 02:56 PM
  #355  
Northern porker
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Manchester uk
Posts: 26
Default

Are the late offset spindles the same as the standard 968. If so could I have a diagram of the brackets you have made because I am doing the same brake build for my car. Also does anybody know if the 996 turbo calipers have better stopping power than the big reds/ blacks from the 993 tt 928 gts. Great build thanks in advance.
Northern porker is offline  
Old 08-05-2018, 03:05 PM
  #356  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 854
Default

Originally Posted by Northern porker View Post
Are the late offset spindles the same as the standard 968. If so could I have a diagram of the brackets you have made because I am doing the same brake build for my car. Also does anybody know if the 996 turbo calipers have better stopping power than the big reds/ blacks from the 993 tt 928 gts. Great build thanks in advance.

Are you also running 350mm disc?
ealoken is offline  
Old 08-06-2018, 05:36 AM
  #357  
Northern porker
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Manchester uk
Posts: 26
Default

Yes.
Northern porker is offline  
Old 08-06-2018, 05:39 AM
  #358  
Northern porker
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Manchester uk
Posts: 26
Default

I have also just bought the KW v3 shocks so am interested how you find them. Are you changing any of the bushes on suspension as well. Mo30 roll bars?
Northern porker is offline  
Old 08-06-2018, 05:42 AM
  #359  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 854
Default

Originally Posted by Northern porker View Post
I have also just bought the KW v3 shocks so am interested how you find them. Are you changing any of the bushes on suspension as well. Mo30 roll bars?
I had a friend to make the brackets, and the "center-spacers" for the brakediscs.

I bough some motorsport late offset arms, new brushings, i already have a big swaybar. The KW`s mounted perfect on the late offset spindles.
ealoken is offline  
Old 08-06-2018, 07:12 AM
  #360  
Northern porker
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Manchester uk
Posts: 26
Default

Do you have a drawing of the bracket/spacers you made it would save me a lot of time.
thanks
Northern porker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ealokens Porshe 951


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: