Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Tial Wastegates

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 02:55 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I know! Extreme PSI always sell at this price. MySwiss, how much are your adapter plates? And Tim, poor form on bashing a competitor in a public forum.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:45 AM
MySwiss
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The adapter plates that Extreme Psi sell, are weld on flanges,that don't allow you to do a bolt on job on the 951.They are made of mild steel,wereas ours are made of cold roll steel (more stable at high temps).
Our plates are 120$,shipping included.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:24 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And what are we doing about fixing them to the torque tube? - glue?

Old 10-20-2003, 09:46 AM
MySwiss
Pro

Special tool. The wastegate and the adapter plates with the bolts weight 7 pounds total.

The Tial installed properly will not go anywhere,even when it's not attached to the torque tube ,like the factory one.

I have been running mine on the track and street ,and did a once over last Friday, to see if everything was tight,and guess what? No problemo. I have several customers that enjoy the same benefits,and no one ever lost a wastegate .

The factory wastegate exhaust tubes (inlet and outlet) are sufficiently strong to support 7 pounds.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:48 AM
krickmann
Instructor

The wastegate flanges from Extreme PSI for the Tial wastegates are mild or stainless steel weld flanges. The cost is $25 for two mild steel flanges or $40 for a set of 304L Stainless Steel flanges.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:07 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

"Whoever gives the best price is getting my money"

GURU Wastegate: Holds whatever boost I need to redline and does not open until 10 psi, $290.00
Old 10-20-2003, 10:18 AM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default TiAL 40mm??

What about the TiAL 40mm?

Does anyone have experience with it?

Would the flanges from the 46mm be compatible with the 40mm?
Old 10-20-2003, 11:18 AM
MySwiss
Pro

Guys the flanges offered by Tial are WELD ON flanges,not bolt on. That means that you will have to get them welded to a new fabricated intake or exhaust pipe,because the thikness of these flanges are not the same as ours. We can offer these to our customers as well,since we are an authorised Tial distributor.

That means that you will have to go to a local muffler shop to get them to fit these flanges with our existing wastegate exhaust pipes. The cost and time spent on fabricating and welding,will certainly be the same or more then 120$.

So in the end,what we offer,is a package that anyone ,with a couple of tools ,can install within 2 hours at home with a beer or three!!!!
Old 10-20-2003, 11:21 AM
MySwiss
Pro

Pauerman,your answer lies in the first page. "Bigger is not better"
Old 10-20-2003, 12:42 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally posted by NZ951
I know! Extreme PSI always sell at this price. MySwiss, how much are your adapter plates? And Tim, poor form on bashing a competitor in a public forum.

Bashing a competitor that STOLE my design and engineering is more like it! If I have poor form then excuse me for being ripped off by a fellow Rennlist member! If he didnt steal the design then their wouldnt be any competition from him in the first place! Think about that! It is BS and other Rennlist members should know the truth. The truth is that if they buy from Myswiss they are supporting a Canadian company who blatantly stole from a US company. Myswiss never contacted us about selling the plates, making them better(which we determined was impossible), or anything like that. He just took some plates and had them knocked off.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:06 PM
TurboTim
Banned

I figured since our product was stolen, what could we do to prevent anyone from making any money on it? Its easy. We are going to lower the price of our adaptors to $49 if purchased with a 38mm wastegate. We sell the Tial 38mm wastegate for $249. This means the wastegate with adaptors is going to cost you $298 bucks if you are a Rennlist member! Shipping is $15 anywhere in the United States. This offer will only be available for a limited time! Take care.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:31 PM
Flight_951
Pro

Originally posted by TurboTim
...excuse me for being ripped off by a fellow Rennlist member!
I don't remember seeing "Rennlist Member" after MySwiss' name.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:55 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

What is the point of this tread? Tim is selling his tial adapter plates on his web site for 169us, and My Swiss is selling for his price. Another example is injectors Tim is selling his 52lb/hr for 600$ us you can get the same injectors for a lot less at racetronix, the same goes for turbos, Tims level 1 price-999.99. You can a t04e from Tec 900.00 or so point is nobody has all the best prices.Why is he digging up old treads?
Old 10-20-2003, 02:00 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

CORRECTION: GURU WASTEGATE IS $190

$250 for dual port
Old 10-20-2003, 02:30 PM
MySwiss
Pro

Tim,have you ever seen our adapter plates. I don't think so.Cause you would see the difference right away.

First,they are symmetrical,and therefore ,can be installed in any position

Second,the holes are tapped straight for a better installation.

Third,the thickness is not the same,for an easier installation.

These units are CNC machined,for an overall better fit.

we supply all the hardware to hook everything up.

Stop ,fighting this thing. This special your putting on "for a limited time" only proves ,one more time, that your were overcharging your customers for years. No wonder competition frighten's you $$$$$.

Not only were you overcharging on the wastegate,but shipping (15$ when it costs 8$ to 10$). The injectors at 700$ is another example.

Tim,why are your accusations changing every new post you wright. Initially,you quoted that I had bought the plates from you,and now you change your story!!!!

Why is your new price for a limited time only?,We have the same low price all year long. Value and service is what customers want.

Out of respect for the Rennlisters and this thread,bash me all you want in the private e-mail. Were both business men,who should know how to behave in competitive market. At least I hope so.

Competition is what made America strong,why all the winning.

Quick Reply: Tial Wastegates