Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Maf questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016 | 05:30 PM
Chris38
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I definitely agree. Vitesse is going to be hard to beat. John was super helpful via email also. I was set on this till i saw the vems setup, but unless i hear of someone on here with positive reassurance, i may not be able to pull the trigger. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-20-2016 | 05:41 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

A lot of people use both. I think there was a thread on pelican parts about VEMS, and of course, there are plenty about Vitesse. Both seem like good systems. VEMS is pretty similar to Megasquirt but is PnP and pre-tuned.
Old 06-20-2016 | 06:52 PM
Chris38
Track Day

I was just hoping someone that is running vems might see this and give some input. I am sure both are good just want to spend wisely. Thanks
Old 06-20-2016 | 08:19 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris38
I appreciate the tips. I am just trying now to decide which direction to go.
Stand alone vems
Rouge mtune
Vitesse
They all seem to be good products its just a hard decision and alot of $
Im with Tom. Long time Vitesse Fan and Customer. Hes helped me with various installations and all my equipment were second or third hand, equipment as old as 12 years old are still running perfectly. Vitesse was the first to introduce the true MAF system which will recognize flow of any turbo you put in so no need to reflash or big adjustments. ( swapped out two turbos in a week and never needed to reflash my chips, just small fuel adjustments ). As ive said in other threads, his stuff maybe old, age wise but its still one of the best solutions for our cars and his customer service is second to none.
Old 06-20-2016 | 08:35 PM
Jon951
Instructor

I am yet another satisfied customer of John's.
Old 06-20-2016 | 09:10 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by shortyboy
Im with Tom. Long time Vitesse Fan and Customer. Hes helped me with various installations and all my equipment were second or third hand, equipment as old as 12 years old are still running perfectly. Vitesse was the first to introduce the true MAF system which will recognize flow of any turbo you put in so no need to reflash or big adjustments. ( swapped out two turbos in a week and never needed to reflash my chips, just small fuel adjustments ). As ive said in other threads, his stuff maybe old, age wise but its still one of the best solutions for our cars and his customer service is second to none.
If you like his old stuff (and I did too), you'd love his new stuff.

Quick Reply: Maf questions