Innovate LC-2 vs LC-1 (x-post)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts
Default Innovate LC-2 vs LC-1 (x-post)

The LC-2 is advertised as the next generation, LC-1 is NLA.

Anyone have first hand experience?
Old 06-05-2016, 03:14 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Wellwood
The LC-2 is advertised as the next generation, LC-1 is NLA.

Anyone have first hand experience?
Are you in the market for a replacement wbo2? What oxygen sensor do you currently have? I switched from zeitronix zt-2 because my model is no longer supported and the O2 channel is bad. I recently picked up APSX D2 wideband from http://www.wide-band.com/product-p/apsx_d2n.htm very inexpensive and does its job. It has 5v wbo2 output, simulated narrow band output and a digital serial output also.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

I believe I have the LC-1 in my car....works great, used it to tune my car myself, not at WOT, but at low throttle positions. Had the WOT done on a dyno.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:48 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I switched from a uego to an lc2. Seems to work fine but I only run an af gauge
Old 06-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

Thanks guys.

I've downloaded the pdf manuals for both and did a cursory review on them both.

From what I can tell, it appears that the connections are the same and the output is the same. LC-2 appears to require a more hospitable environment for the computer/converter (?).
Old 06-06-2016, 09:13 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I have an LC-1 and it's a little bulky on the connection point to join the sensor to the electronic part. I ran mine up through the firewall but some people run. up through the shifter location. It seems to work pretty good for me. I have not tried any others to compare.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:08 PM
darek_u
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jay look at the picture below - this is how I had mine LC1 fitted for a year. Wires were pulled through the engine harness grommet.
BUT I got rid of this piece of ****, installed latest PLX and never looked back. It worked good for maybe 6 months then all the problems started - loss of communication, hang ups, readings all over the place... Software updated to latest version, wiring updated as per Innovate latest wiring instruction (separate grounds) - still got it working only for max. 1 -2 days before it used to stop. Recalibration helped only for a short while, to get it back to work I had recalibrate again and again... Recalibration itself is another story - you have to expose sensor to fresh air to do it right, I don't think you have to do it that way with LC2 or other WBO2.
I would strongly recommend to stay away from LC1...
Attached Images  
Old 06-06-2016, 10:27 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not defending the LC1 (heard too many stories and failures so I wouldnt get one myself)...

But zip tied to the torque tube, above the exhaust? I wouldn't install anything electronic there no matter how tough it was supposed to be and expect it to last more than a few days or weeks.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:23 PM
darek_u
Pro

It was located directly above the black plate so not really exposed to direct heat from the pipe. Harness in extra sleeve was routed under the aluminum heat shield except for this last visible part. Short O2 sensor bung was a limiting factor here. On the other hand I installed it there after looking for an advice from the board...
Old 06-07-2016, 12:18 AM
use2windsurf
Racer

Originally Posted by darek_u
Jay look at the picture below - this is how I had mine LC1 fitted for a year. Wires were pulled through the engine harness grommet. BUT I got rid of this piece of ****, installed latest PLX and never looked back. It worked good for maybe 6 months then all the problems started - loss of communication, hang ups, readings all over the place... Software updated to latest version, wiring updated as per Innovate latest wiring instruction (separate grounds) - still got it working only for max. 1 -2 days before it used to stop. Recalibration helped only for a short while, to get it back to work I had recalibrate again and again... Recalibration itself is another story - you have to expose sensor to fresh air to do it right, I don't think you have to do it that way with LC2 or other WBO2. I would strongly recommend to stay away from LC1...
my experience with PLX Wideband was the controller seemed ok but I had two displays crap out in 6 months. They customer service is as bad as it gets.

Quick Reply: Innovate LC-2 vs LC-1 (x-post)