Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Post what you did for ur Porsche 944 Turbo, 944 Turbo S, 951 & 952

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 03:29 AM
cobyryan
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by grumpyf14d
Just the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Let's just say a winter project heading into next winter

Dude. you win
Old 12-31-2016, 08:10 PM
Jherriott
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ +1
Old 12-31-2016, 10:52 PM
moalaska
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put the Mercedes pump in. It didn't come with the check valve so I had to macguyver a fitting. Hopefully it doesnt leak and explode.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:03 AM
968turbo
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3L 16V Timing curve needed

I am looking for a timing curve for my 968 16V 3L turbo. Anyone have any experience that they could give me.
Thanks
Old 01-01-2017, 10:18 PM
NCLA951
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went to pull my speed and reference sensors, speed sensor came right out, reference stuck solid. Could get it to turn back and forth using an open ended wrench and a screw driver but wouldn't budge by hand. Letting it soak in PB overnight and trying again tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:51 AM
FRANCOCORPS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

grumpyf14d & Jon951 Nice work, I know grinding that body glue sux. Jon951 I like the heat vent setup for your body kit. Glad to hear all the progress with everyone's Turbo.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:58 AM
FRANCOCORPS
Intermediate

How is engine vibration with solid engine mount's and balance shaft delete? I see that the upper balance shaft housing still uses the turbo oil feed and you added a restrictor or is that a turbo oil filter? Nice work.....

Originally Posted by Jon951
Installing fuel cell
Originally Posted by Jon951
The balance shaft cover is almost cosmetic but it also serves as a mounting brace for the dry dump oil pump.

Attachment 1121198Attachment 1121200Attachment 1121199

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2017, 01:03 AM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oil change and an only944 short shift kit.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:06 AM
FRANCOCORPS
Intermediate

That's scary stuff PorscheFanatic202, I think that's one of the thing's that crosses our mind while installing this kit is for this type of failure to occur. I had good experience with the rennbay bronze ball joint kit. I made sure that the grove that the snap ring sits in was not damaged and cleaned of any debris. When I set the new snap ring I tapped the snap ring all around with a small punch to set the ring in the grove properly before I filled in the epoxy. and I made sure that the epoxy glue cured for at least 24 hours on the snap ring under the ball joint.
You might be able to re-install the ball joint if the grove where the ring sit is still deep and not damaged. But you might have to order that special snap ring from rennbay again. Goodluck I had 26.8mm sway bar inner link stay brace stretch and break on me before.

Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic202
I unsuccessfully installed the ball joint kit into my right control arm. I think the channel that the snap ring goes into is shot.

New Ball Joint Installed

Last edited by FRANCOCORPS; 01-03-2017 at 03:12 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:35 AM
FRANCOCORPS
Intermediate

That sux NCLA951,
When those o-rings and sensors metal jacket get's stuck. You have to carefully think of your options to remove the sensor. 1st option always is to spray down the sensor with Lubrication to saturate the sensor dry o-ring's, then to wiggle the sensor back and forth clockwise and counter clockwise while pulling the sensor out by hand first. If to hard to turn by hand back and forth then you can use pliers or needle nose pliers. But be worn the sensor will probably give and fall apart while you keep chewing away on the sensor trying to bite on it with pliers. If you wanted To break the sensor down and use needle nose pliers to pull the pieces out really only works with the cheap non Bosch sensors that don't have the metal shield on the sensor. Another option is to try to remove the bracket that holds the sensor's. Or as a last resort use a chisel to break off the bracket eye loops bolt corners without damaging the mounting bolt holes on the rear engine block if the HEX bolts are stripped and rounded off. JUST DON'T DROP ANYTHING IN THE BELL HOUSING, SMALL PLASTIC PIECES OF THE SENSOR ARE THE ONLY FORGIVING OBJECT THAT CAN FALL DOWN THERE. Good Luck

Originally Posted by NCLA951
Went to pull my speed and reference sensors, speed sensor came right out, reference stuck solid. Could get it to turn back and forth using an open ended wrench and a screw driver but wouldn't budge by hand. Letting it soak in PB overnight and trying again tomorrow.

ended up cutting it out during my rebuild.The sensor that's away from the block had to be cut under the bracket on the sensor. This has to be done to clear the bell housing to be able to pull the bracket away from the block while the sensor tip stays on top of the clutch ring gear while removing the bracket. Be careful not to drop anything in the bell housing.

The pliers just chew it away.

you can see how it's stuck good, but it did come out without damage to the bracket. The bolt next to the ground cables is the side of the bracket that pivots. I used the BMW Bosch Sensor 0261210002. it's cheaper but the cable is longer. remember to gap sensor correctly 0.8mm

Last edited by FRANCOCORPS; 01-03-2017 at 04:22 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:06 AM
Jon951
Instructor

The solid motor mounts with balance shaft delete is distractingly buzzy, vibrating everything in the car. Ran that way for several years. I'd even have to retighten the bodywork after a race weekend, particularly Seabring... Installed stock motor mounts and find it to be more drivable for me. Transmission mount is solid.

What you're seeing on the oil line to the turbo is a filter.

Quick Reply: Post what you did for ur Porsche 944 Turbo, 944 Turbo S, 951 & 952