Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New 951 Guy

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 09:24 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome aboard.
Got a quote from Fitzy once, but decided not to use them. I have no doubt they do awesome work and know these cars inside out but was a bit too rich for me.

Go the fabspeed if you can. Awesome exhaust with a great sound.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:37 PM
spence88mph
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob in Oz
Hey Spence - welcome to 952 World! Is that a Qld car? Looks like a Qld plate with current letter series - unless Vic is into the "V" series...

Cheers
Rob
Hey Rob, thanks a lot yes it has been a QLD car all it’s life, I had bought down on a flat bed. Needs new plates, was going to go Vic club reg it but I hate the plates too much.

Originally Posted by OzJustin
Welcome Spence. Care to share some background on the car? Not many 89+ Turbos floating around Oz from what I've seen.
Thanks Justin, It’s a 2 owner car from QLD, Australian delivered in Jan 1989, built in I think October 1988. There isn’t many (been told 30ish but that sounds a bit low?) and why I pounced on this one. It’s been in storage for around 5 years and needs pretty much everything, I will get it get it there eventually, I may hate it in the end!

Originally Posted by Cyberpunky
Welcome aboard.
Got a quote from Fitzy once, but decided not to use them. I have no doubt they do awesome work and know these cars inside out but was a bit too rich for me.

Go the fabspeed if you can. Awesome exhaust with a great sound.

Hey mate, would love to see your car one day if you could do a coffee sometime?! A friend had his 996 serviced with Fitzy and said he’s a great guy, wealth of info and loves a chat. I’m thinking once I get the car in better order I'll take it to him and have the suspension set up and a dyno run. John from Fabspeed messaged me, he's working out shipping etc for a system. The car is completely stock apart from the stereo, I plan to keep it pretty close but exhaust is a must.

Cheers Guys!
Old 01-25-2016, 08:14 PM
Rob in Oz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is a '90 (January) build and originally a Melbourne car. PO had a full (and I mean FULL!) engine rebuild done on it by Fitzy in 2011, $22K! New everything, good for peace of mind for me. It's done about 20k km since then, 10k with me over the last two years. Well done on buying yours - there only seems to be one currently for sale on CarSales, and it's hung around for more than 12 months...
Old 01-25-2016, 08:40 PM
spence88mph
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob in Oz
Mine is a '90 (January) build and originally a Melbourne car. PO had a full (and I mean FULL!) engine rebuild done on it by Fitzy in 2011, $22K! New everything, good for peace of mind for me. It's done about 20k km since then, 10k with me over the last two years. Well done on buying yours - there only seems to be one currently for sale on CarSales, and it's hung around for more than 12 months...
Oh nice one, yours sounds very dialled must be great to drive. Yes the red UK import that's been for sale for a while didn't really tick enough boxes for me. It also seems like I have to send the clubsport rims back up to QLD to be refinished by Fixmyrim, only people that do them that I've found, well Bruce Buchanan (legend!) told me about them.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:29 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by spence88mph
Hey mate, would love to see your car one day if you could do a coffee sometime?! A friend had his 996 serviced with Fitzy and said he’s a great guy, wealth of info and loves a chat. I’m thinking once I get the car in better order I'll take it to him and have the suspension set up and a dyno run. John from Fabspeed messaged me, he's working out shipping etc for a system. The car is completely stock apart from the stereo, I plan to keep it pretty close but exhaust is a must.
If you go with Fitzy you will be in good hands that's for sure.

I am just running fabspeed cat back. Not sure what you are thinking for your car but you will need to run a cat on an Aus delivered car. I run a 200 cell sports cat.

Be good to catch up(my car is off the road atm though but hopefully it is sorted soon). I'd love to check out your car. What part of Melb are you ?
Old 02-01-2016, 12:31 PM
ksui951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default welcome aboard

I call myself new also, GREAT SITE.
Ask away.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:20 AM
944crazy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome mate. Nice car, and great colour. I always wanted a black one but ended up settling for white.

Quick Reply: New 951 Guy