Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lost my clutch... :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 06:53 PM
JET951
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Im with Tom, we have tried the Spec clutches quite a few times. everything from their full face to their puks and we have hated every one of them. The only saving grace was that they were for track only cars. We only recommend the Kep (in our case the KepII) with a cup disc. modulation is like stock with a slightly stiffer pedal.

Cant recommend Clutchnet as we had purchased 4 discs from them but they turned out not fitting an S2 as we asked for as the hub was too large. We tried many times to email them and even called them a few times and they were not interested at all in fixing the problem.

Regards
Sean
Old 08-17-2015, 09:36 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lee101315
People also tend to overlook the weight savings of a twin plate clutch... its fairly significant. But at $1800 its cost prohibitive.

I have a 6 puck semi metallic solid hub clutch on my 3.4l Boxster which sees more street duty than track, and I hate it. I've demolished 3 axles so far on upshifts ( at DE events and autoX, not the street ), and traffic is brutal once the clutch gets a little heat in it.

My 951 is going to need a clutch soon, and its going to be something like a cup clutch disc and a kep pressure plate. Im not installing a clutch that will have my car jerking and shuddering in traffic while the clutch disengages.

I'd recommend everyone to choose their clutch wisely.

However, whenever there is an drag style start for an autoX... I do enjoy slipping the clutch out at 5000rpm on racing slicks without so much as even a complaint from the clutch...
Sometimes less weight on the flywheel on a street car isn't the best thing.

Originally Posted by JET951
Im with Tom, we have tried the Spec clutches quite a few times. everything from their full face to their puks and we have hated every one of them. The only saving grace was that they were for track only cars. We only recommend the Kep (in our case the KepII) with a cup disc. modulation is like stock with a slightly stiffer pedal.

Cant recommend Clutchnet as we had purchased 4 discs from them but they turned out not fitting an S2 as we asked for as the hub was too large. We tried many times to email them and even called them a few times and they were not interested at all in fixing the problem.

Regards
Sean
Hi Sean,

At the moment, i have this PP
http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Pors...-HAPP-951.html

Would you recommend a cup disc on this PP for about 400 ish whp? (probably less)

Quick Reply: Lost my clutch... :(