Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

M-Tune and Boost Enhancer

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 10:52 PM
KaiKai951S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M-Tune and Boost Enhancer

Hey Guys, I am in the process of installing an M-Tune and currently have a Boost Enhancer. Is it recommended to run both, any ideas or tips would be very appreciated. Thanks

Kai
Old 07-28-2015, 11:17 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiKai951S
Hey Guys, I am in the process of installing an M-Tune and currently have a Boost Enhancer. Is it recommended to run both, any ideas or tips would be very appreciated. Thanks

Kai
The boost enhancer is designed to run with the stock cycling valve, not many m-tune users, if any, are still using the stock cycling valve with a maf kit. If you care enough to put a maf on, it defeats the purpose if you're using a weak, possibly leaking, stock wastegate. And if you upgrade wastegates to a LR unit or tial then your using a manual boost controller or electronic boost controller in most cases. The new LR m-tune kit doesn't even have a port for a cycling valve on the fabricated pipe either.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:49 PM
KaiKai951S
Instructor

Don't believe i was ever running the cycling valve. Im pretty sure I do have an aftermarket wastegate but not really sure of the brand, ill ask my mechanic. So what you are saying is that the boost enhancer wont do anything with the M-Tune?
Old 07-29-2015, 12:16 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiKai951S
Don't believe i was ever running the cycling valve. Im pretty sure I do have an aftermarket wastegate but not really sure of the brand, ill ask my mechanic. So what you are saying is that the boost enhancer wont do anything with the M-Tune?
The piping that comes with m-tune doesn't have the nipple for the cycling valve, and if you don't have a cycling valve then you have either a manual or electric boost controller where the boost enhancer would be pointless. Look under the intake manifold for a cycling valve. If you have it then I'd switch it for a modern controller to go with your new mtune. The boost enhancer is for stock cars looking to add a little extra kick, once you start modernizing the engine bay with upgrades, the boost enhancer is not needed. I recommend using Lindseys venturri delete kit and installing their manual boost controller. Very easy setup
Old 07-29-2015, 03:05 AM
Wrayp
AutoX

When I got the M-tune and learned there was no fitting for the cycling valve I ordered the LR MBC. I already had an upgraded exhaust with a tail dual port WG, but the combination of the M-tune and MBC made for a nice performance increase (helped turning the boost up a bit to 13psi). If you haven't already made an exhaust + waste gate upgrade I would recommend considering it next. The combo of DP waste gate free flowing exhaust and M-tune with a boost controller make a big difference!

As mahoney944 mentioned, a venturi delete kit is also a good idea. Addressing boost leaks due to old rubber lines is a must before you get too far down the performance road.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:55 AM
raleighBahn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You want a dual-port wastegate, controlled by either an MBC or EBC. If you are not using the cycling valve, you probably already have an MBC. It will be coming off of a banjo bolt from your intercooler pipe, similar to the diagram below. You can see common configurations at http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/VACDIA.html

The LBE use case is pretty much for users who have stock cycling valve, single port (likely stock) wastegate, and (hopefully) an AFM chip to match fuel to the extra boost. In no cases do you want an LBE paired with a boost controller. The tried and true slam dunk is either the Lindsey DP WG or Tial, paired with a boost controller.

Quick Reply: M-Tune and Boost Enhancer