Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Engine Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 12:40 AM
Ben944Turbo
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Build

Recently me and my father had to sell our two 951's one of which we had since new, but it was time for a change. So, we got ourselves another 1986 951 with a rebuilt engine in it. It is more or less stock except it has a k27/8 turbocharger, a 2.7 liter cam and heat wrapped exhaust. Some other things were done like a ported and polished intake but are more or less minor. As has been our lifelong dream we are planning to put together a decent spirited car. So I'll get to it, what I want is some advice on the build I have set up from the rennlist community. We plan on installing
    We already have a boost gauge. One of my main questions is which wideband should I use to accommodate the M Tune? I know there are ones to be used together so they can communicate and incorporate data logging capabilities but for the life of me I can't search enough to figure it out. The car doesn't have the LSD transmission but we don't plan on tracking it, it will just be a fun street car. Part of the clutch has been replaced with a 930 pressure plate and disk and it shakes a bit, but thats for another post. We're hoping for about 330-350 RWHP on this build at about 17 PSI reliably. Reliability is a big factor in this build so if anyone has any suggestions on that front to accommodate the increased power fire away. Thanks in advance rennlist community!
    Old 07-17-2015, 01:10 AM
    Xaerran
    Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome!

Skip the boost enhancer and get a boost controller.

I don't believe the mtune will read a wideband O2, you will have to fine tune manually (the tune gets pretty close though).

Finally - AEM or Innovate WBO2s seem to be the most popular. I have not used either though.
    Old 07-17-2015, 03:01 AM
    Humboldtgrin
    Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Hahaha, welcome to spending more money again(Porsche stand for "poor old retard should cut his expenses") I'm a full retard! While your at all that good fun of talking performance parts, start with some fuel lies so your car doesn't catch in fire(if you havn't).
    Old 07-17-2015, 03:45 PM
    blown 944
    Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The mtune logger is setup to communicate with innovate and zietronix. There may be others too. You'll need to spec which one to use the proper coding.
    Old 07-18-2015, 12:38 AM
    Humboldtgrin
    Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I wouldn't wrap the headers on these cars. They tend to leak oil, even after fixed, and will soak the wrap. On hard driving the headers get red hot and may catch the wrap on fire.
    Old 07-18-2015, 12:51 AM
    Ben944Turbo
    AutoX

We have new stainless steel braided fuel lines ready to go on the car when we do all the other upgrades! For the time being we aren't driving the car until we know for sure the air fuel ratio is correct as well as all other aspects. I also forgot to mention the k27/8 turbo has a 7200 compressor. When you say boost controller I assume you mean a manual boost controller that you can adjust in the cabin of the car. Are there any advantages of this setup besides being able to control the boost while you're driving? As far as the innovative wideband is concerned does it have its own real time gauge that sits in the cockpit of the car? I'd just like to see the AFR as I'm driving to tell if I'm lean on top. Since all of the M Tune services seem to have switched over from Rogue to Lindsey racing should I contact them about coding the innovative wideband into the M Tune? The system that connects the two devices it what confuses me most. I have a decent knowledge of the workings of the car just not programming components of the performance parts. Thanks for all your replies! I look forward to hearing your responses!
    Old 07-22-2015, 08:19 PM
    Ben944Turbo
    AutoX

Bump.

Quick Reply: Engine Build