Engine Management

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003 | 12:21 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear ya Bill,

Now that the season is starting to change, I find myself adjusting my MAF several times a day as the temps go from 50-80 during the day, no fun and glad I have a wideband
Old 09-16-2003 | 12:40 PM
crazyracer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, but nothing a good piggy back wouldn't do. Have you guys tried the vitesse piggy back as pointed out by myself? The car starts and idles under all conditions better than stock!

Or the guru racing digital MAF upgrade (which includes a temp sensor BTW).

I have both, so the guru kit is for sale, including intercept Link and Link programer and all you need to upgrade an older MAF. Includes Steve R chips for the older 24 pin versions or Guru chips for the newer 28 pin version. Price is USD 700 and includes shipping which could be done as early as tomorrow (paypal payment). Please email me directly at tradingfan98@hotmail.com for references.

Don't wait for Danno to wake up, I have it and I will even ship UPS as early as tomorrow if you want.
Old 09-16-2003 | 12:46 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had no problems with the ARC2 or the Pro-M, both equipped with a MAF.
Old 09-16-2003 | 05:52 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

50 degrees? I tuned the 370rwhp car to start and idle nicely at -10 F! Ahh the joys of living in the northeast....
There are somethings that the piggyback set ups just won't do. The fexibility of a good stand alone (Electromotive comes ot mind!) allow alot of fine tuning.

Chris White
Old 09-16-2003 | 05:52 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

50 degrees? I tuned the 370rwhp car to start and idle nicely at -10 F! Ahh the joys of living in the northeast....
There are somethings that the piggyback set ups just won't do. The fexibility of a good stand alone (Electromotive comes ot mind!) allow alot of fine tuning.

Chris White
Old 09-16-2003 | 09:58 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris

I'd have to disagree. My "piggy back" cranks out over 390RWHP at less just a hair over 1 bar boost (it's about 15.5psi depending on where in the rpm graph you take the boost reading).

I'd have to say that the piggy backs are doing just fine :-)

Oh yeah... that's on a 2.5 liter engine.
Old 09-16-2003 | 10:21 PM
crazyracer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to second what Tony says. Did you guys look at the perfect power piggy back? Of course if you want to spend 4 K plus and would like to have your car sitting for months because you just don't get that baseline file to even get the car started - go ahead.
Old 09-17-2003 | 09:03 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

I wasn’t referring to the power output capabilities. In fact if all you want is to get max power then custom chips and larger injectors will suffice. If, however, you want tuning flexibility – such as the ability to have a high HP 2.5 engine start and idle at 10 degrees (or any other temp) then a good stand alone will outshine any piggy back system. Does the piggy back system allow you to reduce the timing advance as the coolant temps (or air intake) so that the engine will be safe if the temps get to hot?
Bottom line – if you like your system then you are in good shape. There are many ways to skin a cat (why you would want to I am not sure). Ultimate power is not the end measurement of a good system.

Chris White

PS - my Tec3 kits come with a pretty darn good baseline program and the installation can be done in a weekend....and its less than $4k...

Quick Reply: Engine Management