Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gruhsy
Your car looks great Reno
thanks
Old 06-27-2015, 01:43 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

My paint code is LM3A, which has been called various things over the years, but most people just call it guards red. In 86 it went by India or Indian Red but in other years they called it Guards Red. I went to the local dealer and got a touch up bottle for LM3A, and the counter guy told me it's the same bottle for all LM3A cars no matter what the marketing dept called the color that year. Most popular touch up color they sell he said. First time in a decade or more that a local dealer had a part in stock that I needed for my car
Old 06-29-2015, 08:36 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
My paint code is LM3A, which has been called various things over the years, but most people just call it guards red. In 86 it went by India or Indian Red but in other years they called it Guards Red. I went to the local dealer and got a touch up bottle for LM3A, and the counter guy told me it's the same bottle for all LM3A cars no matter what the marketing dept called the color that year. Most popular touch up color they sell he said. First time in a decade or more that a local dealer had a part in stock that I needed for my car
Hmmm interesting. I'll take a look today at the paint code. My car is a late 87. The original paint was India or Indian Red, but at some point it was painted Guards red. When the body shop spoke to me they told me the issue and showed me the difference b/w guards red and India red. I went with the original color.

Quick Reply: Paint work done :)