not for the faint at heart*caution*

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 05:34 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default not for the faint at heart*caution*

Okay i know how we feel when we are on the freeway minding our own business and some stupid kid blows by us a 100+ swerving in and outta taffic at 7 p.m. on some idle tuesday.This is not one of those.

I just wanted to post one of the most insane experiences i have ever had(much less in a car) Its about 3:30 a.m. here in dallas......and i just got done with a high speed run on george bush turnpike.For those of you not blessed with this 5 lane wide smooth concrete raceway.........im sorry.No one was on the freeway....and it was smooth as silk.....i couldnt resist. My car has some decent mods on it....and i am now running anywhere from 15-20 psi of boost all the time.The car is insane.I timed my 100-130mph its 5.4 sec's! I ran it all the way......all the way to red line. I just ran 175 mph in my 951.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:53 AM
DangerIslandII
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your mods list everything except what turbo you are running. What is it? Sounds like a fun night!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:12 AM
threesticks1
Instructor

We had a Doctor arrested here recently doing 182 in his Lambo on a local freeway. It made the six o'clock news.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

I heard about that Doctor on the Radio here in SC.

Why stop??? When you see Blue lights and you are going that fast. Not that I am promoting it.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:57 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

lol yeah, seriously, i wouldn't even CONSIDER stopping for a cop unless i was endangering myself or another driver... at that speed, if you blow by a trooper, they wouldn't have a prayer of catching up...
Old 09-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally posted by dmoffitt
lol yeah, seriously, i wouldn't even CONSIDER stopping for a cop unless i was endangering myself or another driver... at that speed, if you blow by a trooper, they wouldn't have a prayer of catching up...
You cant outrun a radio
Old 09-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

You can't outrun Motorola.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Marc - We're thinking the same again today.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:30 PM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driving through a blockade hurts!
Old 09-08-2003, 01:40 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may not be able to out run Motorola, but the person using the Motorola has got to know where you are going in order to effectively radio ahead.

At that speed, you are sooooooooo far ahead of the trooper, you could just get off the freeway and loose him.

By the time he got to that off ramp, assuming that he could even see you exit the freeway, you'd be gone.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Swedeboy
Pro

If you want to try out these speeds legally I would suggest coming over here to Europe...German autobahns rule for this kind of thing. And you can get caught up in some legal long-distance high-speed runs on public roads against the finest machinery around.

And the feeling you get when blow past a German polizei car while doing 160+mph, lifting rapidly off the throttle and then ramming it back into the firewall (when you realize there is no reason to lift) is just excellent.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:50 PM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

i'll be there in nov 03
WOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 03:32 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

yeah as tony said, you CAN outrun/think a radio operator

i don't drive like that, but if i were to i assure you i'd get away with it... if only the US had better roads/drivers/education/laws/(the list goes on)
Old 09-08-2003, 03:38 PM
savage944
Racer

Ok well just want to put in my two or three cents:

If you dont stop, but get caught, you are in for it. Depending on the state, Fleeing can be a felony offense and if you put the officers at risk or public during the pursuit you risk even greater charges. In Florida Fleeing or attempting is a felony and can carry up to 20 years. Not sure about other states.

Now on top of that they can charge you with reckless endangerment, public display of speed, possible charges related to racing if you are in fact racing someone or a clock. Then their is plane speeding, then of course all manor of other things if you should exit the highway and blow lights or traffic signs, dont forget the fines.

In case your wondering, yea I got stopped and charged when I was racing on the Highway, In Hawaii (my home state) they tried to charge me with fleeing and all that, but bottom line was that at 159 mph, you can just pull over, and their isnt a lot of road.... hehehe... I did slow down and pull over, took the cop almost 3 minutes to catch up after I had come to a stop. He was parked facing the other way on the other side of the highway.

Man it was a mess, Imponded car, they ripped the car apart looking for drugs ,etc... they couldnt figure out why I was running so fast, with no real place to go. If it had been florida or some other state I might have gone to jail. The Judge even commented at that time.... well son thats pretty close to warp speed... man I cracked up at that.... didnt go well for my case. Lost the car, yes they can do that, especially in a state that requires reconstruction stickers on anything that is severly modified

I grew up, had a family and even got in a few years as a Police officer and learned the error of my ways.... take it to the track... or some dirt road in the middle of no place... AZ is great for that, Amazing what ranchers will let you do on their property for a little cash, but the roads are not always so smooth, but thats a different story.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:21 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've done the insane speeds before myself... you're right about everything going through your mind so quickly. I've gone over 150mph in my '89 951 (stock) and it scared the crap out of me!

I've done it, I find no reason to do it again...

Quick Reply: not for the faint at heart*caution*