Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Who is waiting for a MAP kit from GURU?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 09:02 PM
B951S
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Who is waiting for a MAP kit from GURU?

Just ordered mine, I wondered how many others were in the system at Guru?
Cheers
Old 09-03-2003, 11:39 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 102 Posts

I've had mine paid for since June 26th. It should be arriving any day now...

Justin
Old 09-03-2003, 11:53 PM
ewainwright
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid for mine July 15th and I just received all of it yesterday ( see www.turbo911.com modify)
Old 09-04-2003, 12:25 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Wow, that really burns me!!! You paid for a stage 2 (full kit) on july 15th and recieved it before I got my upgrade from chip kit to stage 1 that I ordered in June! What the hell!??

Danno, I think I'd like an explanation. You are a very nice guy and I respect your knowledge, but this is unacceptable.

Summer here is going to end soon and there is no MAP kit in sight. Sorry Danno but your USPS tracking number came back invalid... and I'm sorry I don't believe you anymore when you say you have mailed something.

I really wished that I could write something positive like everyone else.

Justin
Old 09-04-2003, 12:58 AM
B951S
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

Ooops. Sorry Danno, looks like I started something....
Old 09-04-2003, 03:12 AM
Sami951
Drifting

We (=four finnish guys) have been waiting for about three months now.

Danno - I believe Olli sent you an e-mail describing our situation. We're hoping to hear from you soon.

Last edited by Sami951; 09-04-2003 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Bill_396
Instructor

I also waited a very "lengthy period" for delivery of my MAP II but it really was worth the wait. Excellent product that lives up to it's billing.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:53 AM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

I as well am waiting for my FREE MAP KIT LOL
Old 09-04-2003, 10:07 AM
ewainwright
Racer

I agree with the quality and performance of the system. (J pipe far, far aside - it was a piece of junk that took me 8 hours to cut and weld it to make it work). However, the waiting period after your money is taken is not a good business practice. Further, if I was informed that it would take 11 weeks up front - that would be different story: albeit, I wouldn't have purchased the system. Hopefully, the businessman Danno will recognize these issues and take active measures to correct it. The system rocks and does all that its advertised to do
Old 09-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This may be a dumb question but why are customers expected to pay for the item when it doesn't ship for 30-60 days? To me, that doesn't make sense.
It makes me very hesitant to purchase these products - I'm not keen on the idea of my money being tied up that long without receiving anything.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Mike S
Three Wheelin'

Here's a general overview of my experience with the MAP kit.

It took 11+ weeks to receive after I paid. I assumed this was primarily because I was near the transition period when the MAP kits started to offer boost control. After seeing the above posts, that's clearly not the case....at least I don't think.

That being said, the kit itself is excellent and well worth the money. The intake pipe is somewhat crude...actuallly its just the welds that aren't that impressive but its not that much of a big deal. I'll take performance over pretty any day of the week. The tuneability is great and even with my system still being tuned my car is vastly improved over what it was. Also, the customer support that Dan offers is outstanding. He's helped me tremendously with technical support and even with issues that weren't caused by his kits (vacuum leaks like crazy). Overall, it was a great purchase....perhaps a warning as to the lag time would help though.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:21 PM
crazyracer
Racer

Yes, instead of helping non customers fixing their problems or helping customers fixing non product related problems he should rather assist customers in product related questions and support. I had the Guru product and to all here who think that the Guru product is great and easy tunable: You haven't seen the vitesse products!
Old 09-04-2003, 04:22 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Well, my MAP kit arrived today!... sort of. This is what I thought I was getting along with the adaptor pipe( not pictured).

Instead, I got a round filter adaptor pipe and a square drop in filter. (No bolts to bolt the pipe either, but Danno had already mentioned that he forgot to include those).

Is this how everyone else's stage 1 MAP came? Somehow I really had the impression that I was deleting the airbox and snorkel and putting in a Cone filter. Tonight I'll see if the adaptor pipe will fit onto the airbox, but I'm really skeptical.

Rick-- I didn't expect it to take this long. I was told that 2 weeks was standard. But I do understand why Danno would do that though... I wouldn't have bought the kit if I knew it would take this long.

Danno-- How are you going to make this right for me?

Justin
Old 09-04-2003, 04:55 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Originally posted by Rick
This may be a dumb question but why are customers expected to pay for the item when it doesn't ship for 30-60 days? To me, that doesn't make sense.
It makes me very hesitant to purchase these products - I'm not keen on the idea of my money being tied up that long without receiving anything.
because if you were a small business who sold map kits you would be laying out x dollars for 3rd party parts for each kit and being that you are a small operation the money may not be sitting there to throw around so you need to charge the customer right now to start building the kit.... if those 3rd party companies take longer than expected it looks bad for you but isnt your fault really
Old 09-04-2003, 05:02 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are far better off using a drop in filter, replacing the factory afm with the aluminum adapter and using the factory air box, than you would be with a simple cone filter sucking in hot air.

You should thank him that you didn't get what you thought you were going to get!

Sucking in hot air from behind the radiator is no good....

Quick Reply: Who is waiting for a MAP kit from GURU?