Can i double up intake gaskets?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 05:01 PM
KSira
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by George D

http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/944ENGMOUNTS.html

This is what I have in my car. Lowered the motor, and stopped the intake from hitting the strut bar when under boost. The stock mounts would move about an inch when viewed on the dyno during a hard run. The intake would actually hit the strut brace and under idle, you could put your fingers under the brace and intake with plenty of room. Seeing the motor move that much forced the mount change. Tried solid first, way too much vibration, these semi-solid mounts are close to stock. I also used their semi-solid trans mount after the dreaded solid mount.

G
Have you ever measured flex under load with the lr semi solids?
Old 02-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/944ENGMOUNTS.html

This is what I have in my car. Lowered the motor, and stopped the intake from hitting the strut bar when under boost. The stock mounts would move about an inch when viewed on the dyno during a hard run. The intake would actually hit the strut brace and under idle, you could put your fingers under the brace and intake with plenty of room. Seeing the motor move that much forced the mount change. Tried solid first, way too much vibration, these semi-solid mounts are close to stock. I also used their semi-solid trans mount after the dreaded solid mount.

G
Thanks George, Trust your opinion on this!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:26 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KSira
Have you ever measured flex under load with the lr semi solids?
Yes, and if they didn't work, I wouldn't have them in my car. The movement is barely noticeable, about 1/8 of an inch, and is likely just part of the deal. The dampener in the semi-solid mounts doesn't compress much, but does insulate vibration.

G
Old 02-10-2015, 03:00 AM
KSira
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, and if they didn't work, I wouldn't have them in my car. The movement is barely noticeable, about 1/8 of an inch, and is likely just part of the deal. The dampener in the semi-solid mounts doesn't compress much, but does insulate vibration.

G
Thanks. That's my experience with the LR semi solids also. Just never had the chance to actually measure, or see how much the engine moves under load, or cornering for that matter.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:06 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my machine shop weld the motor mount to add material to the underside of where the turbo sits, then machine a 1/4" off the top to lower the turbo. This eliminated the o-ring so I used the gasket that a 911 turbo uses, which in my oppion is better than the o-ring. Now the turbo clears the intake and the intake clears the strut brace. And no more oil leaking from the base of the turbo.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Adonay
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill
I had my machine shop weld the motor mount to add material to the underside of where the turbo sits, then machine a 1/4" off the top to lower the turbo. This eliminated the o-ring so I used the gasket that a 911 turbo uses, which in my oppion is better than the o-ring. Now the turbo clears the intake and the intake clears the strut brace. And no more oil leaking from the base of the turbo.
Thats great and all but i am not sure he can get away with the alignment issue he will have with he`s VBAND exhaust or have to weld a new DP/UP

Quick Reply: Can i double up intake gaskets?