Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Low Boost Mustang Dyno Chart

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 06:33 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Boost Mustang Dyno Chart

Was at the dyno from 2pm to about 4pm, mostly in the road setting to get the tune as perfect as possible. The Electromotive truly requires seeing the little dips, AFR's, etc. real time to know exactly which cell to change then run again to see if the changes happen as expected. Takes time, but learned much from my tuner Mario Rigoli.

The Greddy electronic boost controller failed last week, and it's at Greddy getting repaired. I might just purchase their newest version, and sell the ten year old unit.

This was obviously on 91 fuel, and once I get boost control I'll do a full power boost run! Numbers look pretty good at low boost. It's strange that on this dyno max boost comes on later than when driving...

Doesn't matter, car hauls ***!

G
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Mustang Dyno Run 12psi PDF.pdf (83.7 KB, 161 views)
Old 01-20-2015, 06:34 PM
George D
Drifting

Also, they call this Mustang the "heart breaker". A newer Shelby hits 650whp on this Mustang, and around 850 on another Dynojet. The Mustang is an awesome tuning tool though.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:57 PM
George D
Drifting

Max HP was 297 and tq was 310. It's hard to know where I'll be at 17psi, 21psi, and 23psi. I'll use a dynojet in a few weeks when I'm in Phoenix for biz.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks like fun to drive. Awesome curves also. I think Patrick mentioned the boost on the dyno also. by changing ramp rates, this that, you can manipulate the power and where the boost comes on. Nearly impossible searching his 40 page threads.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:11 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 499 Posts

am i reading right 11.6 psi?
nice
Old 01-20-2015, 09:29 PM
George D
Drifting

Patrick could easily write a book. He shares everything, and I think is a HUGE contributor towards the 951 community.

Originally Posted by Paulyy
That looks like fun to drive. Awesome curves also. I think Patrick mentioned the boost on the dyno also. by changing ramp rates, this that, you can manipulate the power and where the boost comes on. Nearly impossible searching his 40 page threads.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:58 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
am i reading right 11.6 psi?
nice
Only had the spring rate of the TIAl waste-gate. Greddy Profec B has served me well for about ten years, and internally failed early last week. Had scheduled dyno time for this past Monday. Needed to dial in the AFR's, fuel, timing, etc. anyway, the Electromotive doesn't care what boost level you clean up the lines, so I kept the dyno scheduled time only using the wast-gate spring boost setting.

Neat part is when I have boost control, the Electromotive EMS will automatically adjust towards higher boost, octane, etc. from the current tune.

G
Old 01-20-2015, 11:04 PM
George D
Drifting

We never ran the car over 5900 RPM on the dyno. This was truly just a tuning session, and the engine is now sharp with plenty of fuel, timing, etc. Best turbo response I've ever had on these cars, owned three, and more than twice towards turbo's on em.

G
Old 01-21-2015, 12:22 AM
George D
Drifting

Prior to the Greddy failure, I was running 100 pump with 21psi. Friend, Perry Mele, "google" him. Ex F1 driver stated a few weeks prior: George, this is the fastest road car I've ever been as passenger/driver.

G

Originally Posted by Paulyy

Quick Reply: Low Boost Mustang Dyno Chart