Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

About to spend a lot of money...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 05:43 PM
lovemyp-car
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default About to spend a lot of money...

Hey ya'll...

Put the 951 back on the road the day after Christmas (YAY!!! ).

I put a Constantine Torque Tube with brand new Driveshaft in, as well as a new Cup 951 Disk kit sourced through 944 Online (thanks for the help guys!). I gotta say I absolutely love the feel of a stock clutch in one of these cars, I didn't realize how much I didn't like my KEP Stage 1 as a daily driver clutch, holy crap this new clutch is buttery smooth!! I'm lucky I can get away with it because it's my daily and I'm staying under 300 at the wheels though (I exercise extreme self control LOL!)

So on to the main point of this post...I will be updating with pictures as I go, as this will be a bit of a project thread as I go through this car and restore/replace various systems.

My first exercise in how much money I can spend at one time will be a replacement of basically the entire fuel delivery system. I already have Travis' fuel line kit, and I'm not planning on going totally crazy with braided lines from the tank up, but I will be going through and replacing 30 year old stuff.

My current list of things to be replaced is:
- Fuel Pressure Damper
- 3.0 Bar FPR (current one "tested" good, gonna replace it for the hell of it, don't mind having a spare)
- Fuel Filter to Hard Line Hose/Line
- Pump to Fuel Filter Hose/Line
- Tank to Pump Jumper Line
- Standard Bosch Fuel Pump
- Fuel Rail to Damper Jumper Line
- Fuel Filter (current one is only a few hundred miles old, but it replaced a filter that by my best estimate was between 10 and 20 years old...so I'm going to do it again soon)

Any suggestions on additional things to add to this list? Like I said before, this car will never be crazy...I will most likely go M-Tune sometime later this year, but for the most part it will be a nice, fun driver and will stay relatively stock.

Thanks in advance guys
Ethan
Old 01-05-2015, 05:56 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

I got all the lines from pump to hardline re-made with new hose on the original metal ends for ~$160 IIRC in alcohol-safe rubber and SS braided stuff a few years ago while I waited in the hose shop. Look around for a Parker/Goodyear hydraulic shop.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

When I upgraded my fuel system I spent the extra pennies to get Teflon braided hose. I use race gas or a toluene mix and that can be very hard on rubber.

Quick Reply: About to spend a lot of money...