Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

T04E question and any opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 11:11 PM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougs951S
All metal lines get deleted except the large metal line connecting the radiator outlet to the water neck on the front of the head. Then you use an N/A coolant tank along with a hose from a LATE N/A to go from the coolant tank to the small port on the radiator just above the radiator inlet from the water pump. Then you get the N/A block off plate for the water pump along with a new O-ring for it, and thats basically it. Total cost to convert for me was ~50 bucks.
Great info thanks! Turbo should run me well under $1k with everything else mentioned, very excited!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:33 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by Dougs951S
All metal lines get deleted except the large metal line connecting the radiator outlet to the water neck on the front of the head. Then you use an N/A coolant tank along with a hose from a LATE N/A to go from the coolant tank to the small port on the radiator just above the radiator inlet from the water pump. Then you get the N/A block off plate for the water pump along with a new O-ring for it, and thats basically it. Total cost to convert for me was ~50 bucks.
What kills me is I just replaced something in the range of 16-17 new rad hoses all the way around, foes, belts, rollers, intake gaskets, ref/speed sensors, and put everything back together last weekend.

Time to rip everything apart again.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:36 AM
Zeff
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a 2.5" test pipe for several years and had similar felt gains going to a graduated 3-3.5" setup as i did chipping and using a test pipe.

The 6 hotside will spool faster but drop boost from 5k up. I had a 27/6 for a while and loved the insta spool but doesnt hold a candle to the top end of my 61/8
Originally Posted by fiily
From what he has I am thinking it's the #6 hotside.

I have the vitesse maf kit, 55# injectors, 3bar fpr, vitesse chipset, and sfr's 2.5" intercooler pipes waiting patiently at home.

I am hoping to lay some decent HP to the rear wheels @ 18psi, but I still need to decide on the turbo, wg, manual or electronic boost controller, and a decent wide band.

I have a dansk cat-back exhaust already, I don't know if I am ready to pull the complete exhaust and do that upgrade yet.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:13 PM
fiily
Pro

Spoke with the person selling it, and they don't have a #8 hotside for the turbo. I would have to source it and they install it @ $250 extra, this might be a deal breaker.

How bad will street driveability really be with this hybrid? 325hp is my goal, and I do think this turbo should have very similar characteristics to the 26/6 I currently have.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:27 AM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I disagree on boost drop. I ran the exact same turbo and was able to hold 20 plus psi of boost to redline. hit full boost in 2nd gear by about 2800 rpm running a MBC. It is an awesome turbo for the street if you are looking for about 325RWH.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:41 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by david fracolli
I disagree on boost drop. I ran the exact same turbo and was able to hold 20 plus psi of boost to redline. hit full boost in 2nd gear by about 2800 rpm running a MBC. It is an awesome turbo for the street if you are looking for about 325RWH.

Do you have dyno charts of this?
Old 12-27-2014, 06:06 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by azbanks
Do you have dyno charts of this?
Never had the car on a dyno. Would post the data logs though but they are in New York and I am in California.

Quick Reply: T04E question and any opinions?